Wiki Posts
Search

Flying to the Maldives

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2002, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Plat, Hilton Gold, America West Silver
Flying to the Maldives

Does anyone know what US frequent flyer programs will take you to the Maldives? the airport is Male. I know that SIngapore flies there and that United is a Singapore partner. Are there any others?
Old Feb 22, 2002, 6:27 pm
BSL

I took my honeymoon in the Maldives and ended up just buying that part of the trip. I went via Europe instead of Asia.

Emirates and Sri Lankan fly there via DXB and Columbo so CO and UA should work via Skyrewards.

Malaysia Airlines also flys there from KUL so NW or DL will work also.

From Europe I think your choices are LTU, Air Europa and some other charter airlines so at least Qualiflyer points can get you there as well.

I purchased a first class flight on LTU and was very happy with the flight.

Stayed at the Hilton in the water bunglows. Don't travel that far and then skimp on the hotel. At the Hilton there is a very large difference between the water and land.

Let me know if you need more info I did a lot of research.

BSL
Old Feb 27, 2002, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Plat, Hilton Gold, America West Silver
Thanks much for the information! luxurylink.com had the Banyon Tree resort in the Maldives (the name escapes me) up for auction; it was an incredible deal. Check out that site if you get a chance.
Old Mar 4, 2002, 9:56 pm

I wouldn't recommend the Banyan Tree Maledives, esp. not if you are travelling so far.
The rooms are quite basic, just round huts at the beach with one big bed and no airconditioning.
At that price, I'd rather chose Hilton or one of the other nice resorts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.