Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

TAM-More loss of domestic business class service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2015, 1:30 am
Original Poster

I have noticed more losses of business class sections in TAM( and LAN ) intra South America services.

eg GRU to LIM JJ 8066 now gone to all economy in october and on some dates in september.

Is this because of lack of a/c availability or not enough paying traffic or a computer glitch which saw the wrong ( ie Y only ) plane's seatmap attached to what was originally a C+Y configuration?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I'd expect most intra-continental service to end up with a Premium Economy / Economy model on most narrow-body services.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List

We have flights originally booked in Business that have now been changed to Premium Economy. The seat map has changed from 2-2 to 3-3. Do they block the middle seat? How is cabin service differentiated from Economy?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jamesjebell
We have flights originally booked in Business that have now been changed to Premium Economy. The seat map has changed from 2-2 to 3-3. Do they block the middle seat? How is cabin service differentiated from Economy?
I can't speak for TAM, but since they've adopted most things Mundo Lan, you'll get a blocked middle seat (with a seatback tray flipdown in the middle seat) and a meal that will be similar to the former Business meal that would have been served. No PDB. Lounge access as you would have previously had.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input.

Flight 8066 on 9 october only shows available seating from row 5 backwards.

Does this mean the old business class config may not be converted in time to Premium Economy ?

I'm surprised TAM is not trying to sell PE seats when they obviously had business class seats occupied on this date.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:06 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
My JJ8008 GRU-AEP mid-Oct got downgauged to PE. However I was able to be rebooked on the QR771 DOH-GRU-EZE instead.

Last edited by percysmith; Aug 15, 2015 at 8:28 pm
Old Aug 16, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
What a shame: my experience in TAM First (GRU-EZE) was one of my high points traveling. I will miss it and the outstanding in-flight service and amazing ground service at GRU!!
Old Mar 27, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I'm oddly finding the only award availability for Sao Paulo-Manaus for late July into early August is in TAM "Business Class" on a 767.
Does that mean they are using an internationally configured plane? Is food served? Or is it just a Y flight in a nice seat? It's only a 4 hour flight but willing to use the AA miles/Avios if it's a halfway decent experience.
Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by kyushuman
I'm oddly finding the only award availability for Sao Paulo-Manaus for late July into early August is in TAM "Business Class" on a 767.
Does that mean they are using an internationally configured plane? Is food served? Or is it just a Y flight in a nice seat? It's only a 4 hour flight but willing to use the AA miles/Avios if it's a halfway decent experience.
Thanks!
On the inaugural flight several bloggers vented their disappointment as, other than the seat itself, even the sandwich was the same as the one offered in coach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.