Search

Amaszonas (UYY-LPB)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:25 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Amaszonas (UYY-LPB)

I'm interested in knowing if anybody has any experience with this (small) airline. Apparently 5 planes, relative modern (average age of planes 15 year).

My most important concern are their cancellation stats. It would be problematic if they would cancel our flight.

I've searched the internet and found some stories where they did cancel flights but not much info about them can be found and I know how people will always post bad experiences and not so much their good or OK experiences.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: AR Plus Platino, AC*SE, LAN Comodoro
I flew these guys a few years back from La Paz to Uyuni. Was on a modern CRJ-200 and the flight was on time and prompt.

The issue I had was that my booking said I needed to confirm my place on the flight at least 24 hours before departure. After spending hours trying to get through to various offices in Bolivia and Peru I finally was told that this was not needed and can just show up to the airport. Not the same situation you are looking for information on, but insight on customer service none the less. Not that easy an airline to deal with in my experience even though the flight went on without any issues.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:55 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by MineEngYVR
I flew these guys a few years back from La Paz to Uyuni. Was on a modern CRJ-200 and the flight was on time and prompt.

The issue I had was that my booking said I needed to confirm my place on the flight at least 24 hours before departure. After spending hours trying to get through to various offices in Bolivia and Peru I finally was told that this was not needed and can just show up to the airport. Not the same situation you are looking for information on, but insight on customer service none the less. Not that easy an airline to deal with in my experience even though the flight went on without any issues.
Thanks MineEngYVR!
For us it wouldn't be easy to confirm as we are traversing the salt flats for 3 days. Good to know it might not be necessary.

I'm curious to know if anybody else on this forum has any experiences?
Old Apr 11, 2015, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA
Amaszonas is a smaller airline, but rapidly expanding. There has been talk about them acquiring the Uruguayan airline BQB

http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/ne...with-amaszonas

so they are not going anywhere anytime soon.

I've flown them domestically within Bolivia and also internationally to Cusco. Pretty reliable and have been on time reliably.

Flying in and out of La Paz sometimes run into weather, which affects all of the airlines. I think it should be okay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.