Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

TAM biz class baggage allowance: Brazil-U.S. r.t.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:24 am
Original Poster

I thought it was two bags 70 lbs. in business class, but I found this on the TAM Web site: "The maximum weight for checked luggage on flights (weight allowed by free baggage allowance + excess baggage) with connections and/or final destination to Europe is 70 lbs (32 kg) per piece and 99 lbs (45 kg) to North and South America. It is not allowed to check luggage with exceeding weight." Is that 45 lbs. per each of two pieces, from Brazil to the U.S. and back, whether flying TAM all the way, or TAM and then United (since they aren't code share partners, the first carrier's rules apply for the whole trip)?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:27 pm

International flights from and to Brazil have a minimum 2 x 32kg per ANAC regulations. If you have a connecting flight in the same ticket, they have to honor this minimum.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arthrod
International flights from and to Brazil have a minimum 2 x 32kg per ANAC regulations. If you have a connecting flight in the same ticket, they have to honor this minimum.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I was wondering if the quote mean the allowance was 95 lbs. on TAM.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Business Class passengers are allowed 3 bags from Brazil to N. America.

The maximum weight for checked luggage on flights (weight allowed by free baggage allowance + excess baggage) with connections and/or final destination to Europe is 70 lbs (32 kg) per piece and 99 lbs (45 kg) to North and South America. It is not allowed to check luggage with exceeding weight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.