Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing your flight on GOL in GIG

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2012, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Missing your flight on GOL in GIG

The only reasonably priced ticket from GIG to SSA is the 6:50 AM flight, which I will certainly not be able to make due my international flight not arriving until the early afternoon.

I was curious to know how easy the GOL agents are about putting you on the next available flight, if I purposely miss my original flight booking, assuming there is a seat available on a later flight...I'm trying to avoid spending $800+ dollars for a 2 hour flight.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:58 am

If your Gol flight were booked at the same time as your international flight (which you can't do with that early flight), you could get some wiggle room and possibly be put on the next flight with available seats, but by several hours? In your case you'd be in the same boat as someone arriving at the airport several hours late. Assuming there are still seats on a later flight, I can't imagine them not charging you the extra fare. And would that fare be the same as it you'd booked it when you booked your original fare or just the higher last-minute fare available that same day? I don't know. Would you just say you arrived late, and not show them the details of that supposedly-late flight? That assumes that either you speak Portuguese or you find an understanding Gol agent who speaks Englsh, and believes your story and can give you the lower fare. If this is at a busy time of year, your problem could be not finding available seats at the last minute.

What's the travel date? US$800 (over R$1600) sounds awfully high. Way high. I assume you've checked TAM, Azul, etc.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
You'll be ok if it's all booked on the same ticket.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by papajohns
The only reasonably priced ticket from GIG to SSA is the 6:50 AM flight, which I will certainly not be able to make due my international flight not arriving until the early afternoon.
Originally Posted by heramato
You'll be ok if it's all booked on the same ticket.

I don't know many airlines that will issue a 2 segment ticket with the first flight arriving in the early afternoon and the second flight leaving at 6.50am the same day but stranger things have happened
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:17 am

I agree. OP would not likely find anyone, airline or third party site, or TA, that would issue tickets for two flights with the second leaving before the first arrives. Not a legal connection time, to put it mildly. I still think the $800 quoted seems awfully high. And trying to convince Gol that you're simply checking in late because your first flight arrived late, but that it wasn't even scheduled to arive until severa lhours after the second flight left could be interesting. That assumes Gol can't figure out the OP's obvious intent. All in all, sounds risky to me.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:27 am

Programs: Smiles Diamante, dirt elsewhere
Assuming these will be separate tickets (and I don't really see how it cannot be), chances are you'll be charged a no-show fee (R$150 last time I checked) plus the fare difference, provided that there are still seats available at the later flight. Depending on the date of your trip, the next available flight could easily be the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.