Wiki Posts
Search

Connect time AA(intl)->JJ (dom)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Connect time AA(intl)->JJ (dom) in MAO

I arrive in MAO on an AA flight from MIA and will connect to a JJ flight to FOR (2 separate tix). I'll only have carry on so no luggage problems.

I arrive at 10:35pm from MIA and depart at 12:02am on JJ to FOR.

1. Will I have enough time, about 90 minutes, to make my JJ flight to FOR? (I"ll be in biz for the MIA-MAO leg)

2. Can I save a bit of time and check in online and print the BP for the JJ flight in the US before I leave?

3. Will I have to exit the secure area and go through security in MAO?

Just to make this more interesting, I just got off the phone with TAM and they will not allow me to get a seat assignment because this is an award seat (using UA miles). It's blocked and can't be unblocked even by a supervisor. Strange since I have a separate award booking for my return FOR-MAO a few days later and a seat was assigned on that flight.

Last edited by nor4; Jul 25, 2012 at 10:44 am Reason: New info
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:11 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Haven't done exactly this, but the airport is small and not too busy.
Generally (unless there is some glitch) you can check-in online and print boarding passes for TAM flights. Also, considering you are transferring from international to domestic flight, you have to clear passport control and customs, so you'll need to go through security there. If you show the attendants that you have a tight connection, they'll help you jump any queues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.