Wiki Posts
Search

TAM Comfort Seats

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2012, 2:13 pm
rdg
Original Poster

TAM Comfort Seats

I have previously bought TAM Comfort seats at check-in for use in domestic flights and recently on a GRU-EZE leg. Does anyone know how early one can purchase these? Undersanding, that they are to be purchased at "check-in". I am flying from MIA to GRU next week and would love to snag an exit-row.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 8:21 pm

Programs: G3 - Diamond / A3 - Gold / AD - Sapphire
RDG,

Unfortunately, the only way to purchase the comfort seat in a TAM flight is at the check-in counter.

If you really want the extra leg space, go to the airport a few hours before your flight and have a good luck. Sorry about that.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by bizRG
RDG,

Unfortunately, the only way to purchase the comfort seat in a TAM flight is at the check-in counter.

If you really want the extra leg space, go to the airport a few hours before your flight and have a good luck. Sorry about that.
That's how we've done it, as well, though I think rates have gone up.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 12:11 pm
rdg
Original Poster

That's what I thought. I will be one of the first to check-in and see how it goes.

Thanks for the replies.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:53 pm

We've usually been directed to a separate customer service counter to pay for he upgrade and then have to return to the check-in counter we started at. Seats are the same. But you do have more leg space. The regular seats are just as cramped as on U.S. carriers.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:42 pm
rdg
Original Poster

Just to follow up. My flight is tomorrow at 11 AM (JJ 8095). Went to the airport today (within the 24 hour check-in window) and straight to the customer service counter (bypassing the long lines at the check-in counter). No problem making the purchase. US$80 for an emergency exit aisle seat. I think it was worth it, particularly as I had a consolidator ticket that is not entitled to a pre-reserved seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.