Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Emergency Landing on Allegiant Air Flight on March 8 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2012, 7:48 am
Original Poster

We were on Alligiant Air on March 8 to Plattsburgh NY, du to problem with the landing gear we had to make a ''emergency landing'' to Burlington VT. It was really a difficult experience. People crying..... Everyting ended well, after 2 hours waiting in the plane at Burlington Airport we finally got out and sent in Bus to Plattsburgh NY. The captain told us that Allegiant was offering a $75 discount on out next flight with them !! I find this difficult to understand !!!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Was the situation not handled well in terms of explaining what was going on? I've been in a couple of "landing gear" situations in my life and, certainly, the whole plane was not crying. Were people concerned? Yes, but not out of control crying, etc.

And, no, the airlines (major carriers, not travel services like Allegiant) offered us absolutely NOTHING, except a meal voucher while we waited for the next connecting flight. What a crybaby mentality that we have these days!!!
Old Mar 10, 2012, 4:02 pm

actually, I am kind of surprised allegiant did not charge a "convenience fee" to all the passengers for booking the bus trip. They also could have also used the bus trip as a chance to assess a new round of baggage fees and seat assignment fees.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:40 am
Original Poster

A couple of ''emergency landing'' ???

Wow, normally people will experience this only once in there life !! And cry babies ?? I guess some people have some great life !!

The Stuart had 8 years experience, 1600 flight and this was his first one !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.