Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Whom to contact for bad service on LAN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold

ANyone know how to get a direct complaint to LAN "Customer Service" - the online form doesnt do much
Old Jan 10, 2011, 2:50 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
For assistance, I'll move this to the active Other N & S American airlines forum, where LAN is discussed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 4:42 pm

No need to contact anyone - bad service is included in your ticket price
Old Jan 11, 2011, 5:35 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by caseminole
ANyone know how to get a direct complaint to LAN "Customer Service" - the online form doesnt do much
Buena suerte. Sorry I can't be more help, but they just don't care about their ground service, and give you very little opportunity to complain.

In the past, I've called the 600 number (from Chile) if I really had to get something off my chest, but I've never gotten any type of compensation.

Last edited by zpaul; Jan 11, 2011 at 5:36 am Reason: punctuation
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
The only way is to complain by e-mail. All of management are hidden behind layers of protection. It is absolutely, 100% impossible to get in touch personally with anyone. Even going to their main office won´t do any good. No one will talk to you. They´ll tell you to send a mail with your complaint.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
My advice would be to walk outside and bang your head against the sidewalk; you're as likely to get satifaction from this as from any other method.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by david_33
The only way is to complain by e-mail. All of management are hidden behind layers of protection. It is absolutely, 100% impossible to get in touch personally with anyone. Even going to their main office won´t do any good. No one will talk to you. They´ll tell you to send a mail with your complaint.
You are so right --- I am beginning to believe that the real CEO of LAN is "The Great and Powerful Wizard of Oz".
Old Jan 11, 2011, 1:02 pm

Y'all may be interested in this thread if you haven't read it yet:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other......-i-did.html
Old Jan 11, 2011, 1:12 pm

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
One suggestion would be to also TELL THEM ABOUT THESE FLYERTALK THREADS and link to them in your email.

This was years ago and I wrote it about on FlyerTalk, but by doing the above, I did finally get a personalized email response from LAN and they actually acknowledged their error!
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is a strange airline. I'm usually happy with them when I'm actually ON one of their planes -- the inflight service is better-than-average -- but I'm usually unhappy about all my other dealings with them!

Good luck with any complaints.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo
One suggestion would be to also TELL THEM ABOUT THESE FLYERTALK THREADS and link to them in your email.

This was years ago and I wrote it about on FlyerTalk, but by doing the above, I did finally get a personalized email response from LAN and they actually acknowledged their error!
I sent them the link to the Other N&S American FF Programs in the CS form on the site...we'll see what happens! (I'm not holding my breath)
Old Jan 13, 2011, 6:50 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
me 2 I tried to drop off some print outs from this site to Enrique some time ago... do not know if it got to him, you know how hard it is for LAN employees to accept anything out of the box... but maybe if we try something will get through

Last edited by bingocallerb22; Jan 13, 2011 at 7:08 am Reason: name correction
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
What will happen when LATAM comes into existence???
Old Jan 18, 2011, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
What will happen when LATAM comes into existence???
I think the general hope is that LAN learns from TAM's ground service, and TAM picks up LAN's in-flight product.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by zpaul
I sent them the link to the Other N&S American FF Programs in the CS form on the site...we'll see what happens! (I'm not holding my breath)
And here's the response from Ernst, a Customer Service Representative:

Señor
ZPAUL
(email address omitted)

Estimado señor ZPAUL (my real name was misspelled):

El Comité de Servicio al Cliente ha recibido su e-mail del 12 de enero y agradece su sugerencia de utilidad que nos envía.

Esperamos poder atenderle en alguno de nuestros vuelos,

Lo saluda atentamente,

Ernst Christian Bräuchle
Ejecutivo de Servicio al Cliente
LAN AIRLINES

Who knows...at least they responded! What has impressed me is that every time I call or email customer service I have had a reply, and usually very polite. Polite doesn't indicate action, of course, but this is better than a form letter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.