Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

TAAG to Havana - not sure if I'm being thick or not...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot

So I guess this is a kind of a novel question as I doubt many would ever fly this route...LUD-HAV-LAD with TAAG. I've found on their own webpage they do a weekly flight on Sundays eastbound, Tuesdays westbound. But when it comes down to trying to book this route online, it seems to be absolutely impossible.

I'm trying to find a way to transit in LAD long enough to be able to exit the airport, you know, with a transit visa and all, by going to/from STP (obscure place I know), but not being able to find anywhere to purchase LAD-HAV-LAD kind of makes that a bit of a difficult one...!

Anyone ever had any luck with HAV, or is there a reason for not being able to book it (like Turkmenistan Airlines/Air Koryo)?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
You will need to visit a DT office really.

DT has a new, much improved, website but there are still many problems with the booking page.

The HAV route is, I understand, not profitable and the EK management wanted to scrap it but came across political opposition as Cuba has many doctors in Angola and this service is vital to allow them to return home. I understand they also wanted to cut the TJS route too (I presume you meant TJS and not STP) again due to it not being profitable.

DT management seems much more focused on promoting routes between JNB/MPM/CPT and LIS//OPO/GRU/GIG rather than your proposed itinerary.

DT is not good at answering phone or responding to emails so really you will need to visit a DT agent. This is not at all convenient if you live in one of the many countries with no DT office!

I read this press release the other day:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300494002.html

You may want to contact Discover the World who now represent DT in Russia. I would imagine outsourcing of sales and marketing by DT was a smart move and this new agent will be easier to deal with than DT who will just stonewall you!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by cargueiro
(I presume you meant TJS and not STP)
Curious what airports in DT's network you'd be referring to with TJS or STP? Those aren't IATA codes for anywhere DT flies.

TJS=Tanjung Harapan Airport, Indonesia. A very small airport with a 1200 meter runway.
STP=St. Paul (Minnesota) Downtown Airport

Elsewhere in the post IATA codes were used, just these two were puzzling.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by dvs7310
Curious what airports in DT's network you'd be referring to with TJS or STP? Those aren't IATA codes for anywhere DT flies.

TJS=Tanjung Harapan Airport, Indonesia. A very small airport with a 1200 meter runway.
STP=St. Paul (Minnesota) Downtown Airport

Elsewhere in the post IATA codes were used, just these two were puzzling.
Sorry I meant TMS - Sap Tome (and Principe). Could the OP have thought STP is the IATA code for Sap Tome?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cargueiro
Sorry I meant TMS - Sap Tome (and Principe). Could the OP have thought STP is the IATA code for Sap Tome?
Oh, I do apologise, got my codes all wrong! that'll teach me to not double check

Great to hear that TAAG have a representation in Russia, but I can't seem to find it anywhere! I'll keep looking...

Although the website did say that one can stay in Luanda for just 24 hours in transit...that could be a good idea, especially to/from TMS!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Scratch that - it's 20 minutes from my home! Bingo!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.