Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BEY lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
BEY lounge access

flying AUH-BEY-CDG on ME later this year in J (award); do we get lounge access at BEY? i'm a sky team nothing, although i do have a us-based amex plat, if that makes a difference...

thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:50 am
Community Director Emerita

Let me add to Karen's query, and ask about Etihad lounge access in BEY. We are flying award biz.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by karenkay
flying AUH-BEY-CDG on ME later this year in J (award); do we get lounge access at BEY?
Yes, you should get access to MEA's Cedar Lounge:

Originally Posted by MEA - Cedar Lounge
The excellent facilities offered in the Lounge for VIPs , First, Business Class and commercially important passengers help its users relax and unwind.
The lounge is open 24/7.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by KQ321
Yes, you should get access to MEA's Cedar Lounge:

The lounge is open 24/7.
excellent news, thanks KQ321! i saw that as well, but wasn't completely convinced until i saw it on ft.

hoping SanDiego1K gets the same good news. : : :waves: : :
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by karenkay
excellent news, thanks KQ321! i saw that as well, but wasn't completely convinced until i saw it on ft.
I don't have direct experience in J, but I've had no problem getting in as ST E+ in Y and the lounge is quite spacious, so I very much doubt a J pax would have problems. I've also found the lounge open (albeit admittedly somewhat quiet...) at 3 in the morning.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Let me add to Karen's query, and ask about Etihad lounge access in BEY. We are flying award biz.
No direct experience of EY from BEY. However, there are several lounges in BEY - as you come up the stairs/escalators from the main concourse (with your back to the tarmac), the large Cedar lounge is on your left; and there are 2 or 3 smaller lounges on your right. I assume EY has a contract with one lounge - but I don't know know which one, nor what their access rules are.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 2:03 pm

I was initially lazy, but I have now searched and found information on the Etihad website.

Beirut - MEA Lounge

I will be flying in C from Beirut with an overnight connection in AUH and onward in F. It's all on Etihad on the same ticket. What do you think the odds are that MEA will allow me in the F lounge? Slim to none, or worth asking?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I was initially lazy, but I have now searched and found information on the Etihad website.

Beirut - MEA Lounge

I will be flying in C from Beirut with an overnight connection in AUH and onward in F. It's all on Etihad on the same ticket. What do you think the odds are that MEA will allow me in the F lounge? Slim to none, or worth asking?
If you're flying in C from BEY, and EY use the MEA Cedar Lounge, then presumably you should have access to the Cedar Lounge no problem. However, MEA don't offer First Class on their planes (only economy and business), so AFAIK, there is no separate F lounge at BEY.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:28 pm

3 lounges in BEY: ME, SV and the other. I've only used ME's and the other, never flown SV.

EY use the ME lounge. The other is used by a number of airlines including BA. And while it's clean and decent, it's outdated (and that's an understatement) and is probably 1/5th the size of the ME lounge so quite cramped. Both offer wifi, ME's is open, the other requires a password.

ME's lounge is spacious with a lot of natural light. Food selection is limited to finger foods. The dessert supplier is Hallab, so well presented and tasty treats. Sandwiches/Kebbeh are average at best. Drinks at the bar are decent (if you're big on spirits).

There is a smoking section, a gaming zone for kids, 2 bathroom areas (no showers), a business centre (old HP computers half of them not working, a free local fax/printing machine), a spa (massages/facials) that was introduced a year or two ago. My favourite area is behind that spa, usually the quietest, much less traffic into the nearby toilettes.

Last edited by edy4eva; Apr 27, 2015 at 5:41 pm
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:28 am

Thank you, edy4eva, very informative. I appreciate it.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The BEY lounge situation has changed - the Cedar Lounge is the same, the first lounge on the right (ex-SV lounge, which closed many years ago!) is now a lounge for all MEA MasterCard holders, and the second lounge is the one BA etc use.

Incidentally, the second lounge (Byblos Lounge) is now closed for refurbishment (again), and therefore everyone who would normally use that lounge are using the new MEA MasterCard lounge (Beirut Lounge).

Etihad still use the MEA Cedar Lounge.
Old May 23, 2015, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by edy4eva
.. a spa (massages/facials) that was introduced a year or two ago.
Here is information about the spa. It appears there is a fee for all services.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 5:44 am

I thought of correcting some of the information that I previously shared here.
There are like 5 shower rooms (with enclosed bathrooms) however the showers themselves are closed off/sealed with a warning sign.
To access this area, simply turn right after reception, walk all the way to the end (kitchen/buffet would be on at 8 o'clock) and you shall see a wooden door on the right that leads into the the shower rooms section.

What's funny is that the receptionists refer to that area as the baby change room. The only change table is unfortunately what would have been the desk (it's marble top nevertheless) for the shower staff. There are no staff of course, but all facilities seem to be well kept.

Worth a visit if you prefer some privacy for changing clothes/freshening up instead of the regular bathrooms that are often busy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.