Wiki Posts
Search

SAA Award Space Missing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
It's back on ANA. Still not on UA.

My contacts told me that UA first reported the problem a week ago but was unable to provide more info as to the specific nature of the problem.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Back on LifeMiles too
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Bookable over the phone with UA, whew!

Crisis averted!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AE, MP, DL, AA, Accor Platinum (But aren't we all?)
Awesomeness. Same with Aeroplan. Not bookable/viewable online, but the agent could see it. (It took him a bit to find it and I had to reference the flight number a few times but he was able to finally see the SAA leg.) All booked up for Christmas!

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Bookable over the phone with UA, whew!

Crisis averted!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:08 pm

Finally, they are back on the UA site
Old Oct 2, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
I had feedback from SAA:

"From the past weekend we have been integrating our reservations systems to a new enhanced booking engine. We have since experienced some teething problems, of which the availability of Star Alliance reward seats on SAA was one.

I received an update today from our IT and revenue integrity departments that the issue has been resolved. SAA has also received confirmation from Star carriers, including United, that the problem has ceased.

Many thanks for bringing this to our attention, affording us the opportunity to fix."
Old Oct 2, 2014, 5:27 am

Talked to AE last night and they still couldn't see any SA flight. AE site still doesn't show any SA flight as of 2 mins ago.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:56 am

I think for UA site is fixed going to SA, still nothing coming back. Or at least, nothing for Aug 2015.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:31 am

AE still cannot get any SAA flight - Online or call-in, anybody has any contacts at AE that can escalate this? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.