Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

why this constant error when looking for business class on Rj Amm-SSH in June?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

The following error(s) occured

We are unable to find recommendations for your search. Please change your search criteria and resubmit the search. If the problem persists, for further information please email us at [email protected] or call us at +96265100000 (66002 [-1])

Quite annoying. Is this their systems awkward way of telling me there's no availability?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Earthman

The AMM-SSH flights are cancelled as of 2nd of april 2014.I would suggest you to have a look at MS (Egyptair) fares via CAI.

UPD

Royal Wings (Subsidary of RJ) will be operating this route now on a single class A320,tickets can be booked on rj.com.I am not sure if oneworld status benefits would apply to those flights.

Regards
Rami

Last edited by Rami Tamimi; Apr 12, 2014 at 5:43 pm
Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Earthman
The following error(s) occured

We are unable to find recommendations for your search. Please change your search criteria and resubmit the search. If the problem persists, for further information please email us at [email protected] or call us at +96265100000 (66002 [-1])

Quite annoying. Is this their systems awkward way of telling me there's no availability?
I'm doing the flight at the beginning of May. I could only get tickets on MS though, I couldn't find anything online for RJ or it's subsidiaries. Maybe works out better for me in the end because I'm *G so will see some marginal benefits like lounge but I'd have preferred not to connect in CAI and buy the full Egypt visa.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 5:37 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
I just went on the rj.com,plenty of seats for 5/6/8/9/12/13/15/16/19 of may for about 220JD RT.

The domestic lounge in CAI is very small,sometimes you even have to stand,and AFAIK in SSH they will give you a voucher,as there is no lounge there.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
I just went on the rj.com,plenty of seats for 5/6/8/9/12/13/15/16/19 of may for about 220JD RT.

The domestic lounge in CAI is very small,sometimes you even have to stand,and AFAIK in SSH they will give you a voucher,as there is no lounge there.
I think our MS ticket is non-refundable anyway so may be a moot point now, but I went to RJ.com to check and got the same error as the OP when searching for the 3rd and 5th both. Seems that it won't do a one way search, only gives me a calendar if I do a round trip search but says sold out on my dates for AMM-SSH which is kind of hard to believe.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Sadly we had to cancel these plans as Sharm el Sheikh is now on the 'avoid all but essential travel' list of both the Irish DFA and the UK foreign office

That would void our travel insurance.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Earthman
Sadly we had to cancel these plans as Sharm el Sheikh is now on the 'avoid all but essential travel' list of both the Irish DFA and the UK foreign office

That would void our travel insurance.
Eh? That's certainly unfortunate but Sharm el Sheikh is specifically excluded from the Avoid All But Essential Travel warning. This is from the website of the UK Foreign Office's website today, says it was last updated on 08 April and is still accurate as of 20 April. (Bolding by me)

The FCO advise against all but essential travel to:

the Governorates of Beni Suef, Minya, Asyut and Sohag
the Governorate of South Sinai, with the exception of the area within the Sharm el Sheikh perimeter barrier, which includes the airport and the areas of Sharm el Maya, Hadaba, Naama Bay, Sharks Bay and Nabq
Sharm el Sheikh

Enhanced security measures are in place to protect the Sharm el Sheikh resort areas. Egyptian military are situated in Sharm el Sheikh international airport, at check points around the perimeter of Sharm el Sheikh and throughout the South Sinai Governorate. Routine security checks are being performed on entry into the airport and the police are carrying out vehicle checks in Sharm el-Sheikh. There were no violent protests in the South Sinai resorts during recent disturbances in Egypt.
I do understand that everyone has their own tolerance of risk, but I'm not terribly worried about Sharm.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Totally agree with you on Sharm,I've been there many times now.
That foreign office advice did include Sharm up until recently.
It's the Irish advice that would void my insurance though and it's still current.
A case of someone not being sharp enough to update it perhaps but enough to alter my plans as I can't be waiting.

We are currently advising against all non-essential travel to Egypt

Latest travel advice
Due to an increased risk of civil unrest and a heightened threat of terrorist incidents, Irish citizens are advised to avoid all non-essential travel to Egypt at this time including Sharm El-Sheikh and the rest of the Sinai with the following exceptions:

the Red Sea coastal resort of Hurghada and other Red Sea resorts outside the Sinai peninsula, where Irish citizens are advised to arrive and depart by air and to strictly avoid travelling outside the resort;
Luxor and Aswan (including cruises between them) where Irish citizens are advised to exercise caution and arrive and depart by air.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.