Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gulf Air New Business Class flat bed seats

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2012, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Gulf Air New Business Class flat bed seats

Hi all

Does anyone have any idea if these seats are available on all A320/330 ac yet. GF has sent out its announcement and marketing pics but I just have a feeling that these seats may only be on one /two ac but the ads would have you believe the whole fleet has been refurbed. (lots of airlines do this!)

" New cabins for your comfort

Newly refurbished aircraft interiors are now at your service. Whether you fly in an A330, A321 or A320 aircraft, you can relax in our Falcon Gold flat beds or the new Economy seats. Switch on your laptop to catch up with friends online or watch a good movie on your own personal touch screen on Skyhub, our unlimited inflight entertainment"

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Aug 12, 2012 at 7:46 pm
Old Aug 12, 2012, 8:43 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I VERY much doubt that these new J seats are on all aircraft yet. I suspect just new A320s. They were not on A330 1 month ago, as I am witness to

They do look great though & if they had fitted them I would have flown them this week to BKK but I will not do so as the seats on their ex-MEA A330s are two generations old. Oman Air get that business for now.

Come on GF, get your backsides in gear
Old Aug 13, 2012, 1:43 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
No way they are on all aircraft. I have never been on any aircraft yet that actually has them and I have flown GF about 12 times in the last 4 months.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 5:10 am

a320: the fleet modern and new
a321: the fleet modern and new
a330: Gary the internal renewal of seats
Old Aug 13, 2012, 6:31 am

Flat beds in a narrow body. Something I'd like to see. I know some transatlantic narrow bodies had/have it, but regional with economy at the back is something unheard of.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:37 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by mishal76
a320: the fleet modern and new
a321: the fleet modern and new
a330: Gary the internal renewal of seats
How odd.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
I have a J DXB-BAH-BEY Rtn coming up..guess I'll soon find out but the new seats look as good as anything EY, QR or EK have(without the gold trimings!)

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Aug 14, 2012 at 9:06 pm
Old Aug 18, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: GF Black
I've seen them mostly in the 321 or 320 ER (long range). They look nice, yet the meals don't compensate for the rate
Old Aug 18, 2012, 1:47 pm

I recently flew with the A320LR in new C.
Very good seat. Unfortunately, soft product extremely bad on outbound journey. After lunch was thrown out, no service what so ever!

Inbound, extremely good service (overnight) but in "old" A320 business class seats. BTW GF still provides PJs in C - that was a surprise...

Amenity kit was quite good for practical purpose. Got it both on both segments.

As far as I know, they only have two A320's with new seats (you can spot the new A320LR, as they only have one overwing exit). On these birds, very good pitch in Y (34 or perhaps 35 in)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.