Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad First Class

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2008, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Etihad First Class

Did a search for First and couldnt come up with much

what champagne do they have in F on longhaul?

is it constantly the same like Emirates Dom? or does it change with whever is in the cupboard like Qantas?
and
any trip reports?
Old Dec 17, 2008, 5:06 pm

From their website, Etihad states they do not serve Caviar, frogs legs, snails or oysters. So at least you'll know what you are not going to be eating!! I don't understand why you would state this on your website. Its not like American Airlines serves caviar in first either, but they certainly do not advertise the fact!
Old Dec 25, 2008, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
tinkybelle,
I may have a menu somewhere; hopefully someone here will remember.
I don't recall Dom or Krug as I don't recall it being in a Trip Report.

FYI the best place to look (even if in vain) would be the ME&A Trip Reports Index, here.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 3:29 pm

There is a copy of the First Class menu in this trip report I wrote on another site. However this is from 2007 so things may have changed a bit.

Etihad: A Diamond In The Rough (pics)
Old Jan 3, 2009, 3:36 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Etihad planning to launch new First Class in 2009

Etihad planning to launch new First Class suite-style in 2009:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...ew-first-class
Old Jan 3, 2009, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

'Suite' reporting, ngfan!
It would appear to be a refresh across the board, eventually.
Etihad Airways plans launch of new first class [Businesstraveller]

Etihad Airways is planning a significant upgrade in its first class seating in 2009, with a new suite-style product promised, as well as a refreshed business class seat, and a focus on service in economy.

The product strategy is designed to position Etihad Airways as a premium luxury brand, with a new first class suite planned for its long haul fleet. Etihad’s executive vice-president of marketing Peter Baumgartner said that the new first class seats would offer “privacy on demand” with a “single seat cabin” as well as the option of a double cabin suite. In addition the cabin is to be altered and refreshed.

Etihad is also planning to upgrade the business class seats, although these changes are believed to be more of a refreshing of the fully flat bed seat introduced in 2006, with a larger table, wider armrests, more storage space, increased privacy for the middle seats in the business class cabin, moving the TV screen closer to the passenger and enhanced inflight ntertainment throughout the aircraft. There would also be a new inflight food and beverage concept allowing passengers to have further choice over the menu and meal times in business and first.
^ ^
Old Jan 4, 2009, 12:32 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by ngfan
Etihad planning to launch new First Class suite-style in 2009:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...ew-first-class
I find it very impressive how EY is imporving itself in all areas of passenger services including product offerings unlike most european carriers who takes them ages to improve their products offerings.

Look at LH and BA they have been 10 years since the last time they change their FIRST or done any major improvements to their FIRST product or seat.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by riced
From their website, Etihad states they do not serve Caviar, frogs legs, snails or oysters. So at least you'll know what you are not going to be eating!! I don't understand why you would state this on your website. Its not like American Airlines serves caviar in first either, but they certainly do not advertise the fact!
Some schools of Islamic jurisprudence dont allow for the eating of non-"fish" water based creates, like Turtles, Snails, Caviar, Frogs.

But if they still serve alcohol... got me muddled.

Maybe its to manage the expectations of the Guests?
Old Jan 4, 2009, 6:33 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by yourfather
Some schools of Islamic jurisprudence dont allow for the eating of non-"fish" water based creates, like Turtles, Snails, Caviar, Frogs.

But if they still serve alcohol... got me muddled.

Maybe its to manage the expectations of the Guests?
EK does the same. All meat is Halal and there is no pork served on board... but they have no problem giving you a nice big fat wine list.

It probably has something to do with the fact that EK/EY would lose out on significantly more revenue in F/J especially with non Muslim pax if they became a 'dry' airline whereas avoiding pork is not as much of a big deal.

Cheers,
Old Jan 4, 2009, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
EK does the same. All meat is Halal and there is no pork served on board... but they have no problem giving you a nice big fat wine list.

It probably has something to do with the fact that EK/EY would lose out on significantly more revenue in F/J especially with non Muslim pax if they became a 'dry' airline whereas avoiding pork is not as much of a big deal.

Cheers,

EK DOES serve caviar in F. But caviar is fish eggs, so perhaps that is okay. Doesn't explain the EY website though.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question Which Champagne label / vintage for EY F and J?

Seeing as we are yet to see an answer to tinkybelle's question, can we quiz recent F travellers again:
  • Which label / vintage of Champagne were you offered?

I noticed that Etihad's current cuisine page [link] mentions that a bottle is available for special occasions, so I'd be interested to know if anyone in F or J has timed their flight for a 'special occasion' and has requested a bottle accordingly, for the flight. ^

Champagne
If you have a reason to celebrate on board an Etihad flight (birthdays, honeymoon, anniversaries, etc) a bottle of champagne can be made available for the occasion.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 5:52 pm

From a Business Traveller review of F in late 2007. "THE FLIGHT Drinks, including Veuve Clicquot 1996, were served before take-off. The wines later in the flight were also excellent and included a white Puligny-Montrachet Les Enseignères 2002 and a red Chateau la Garde 1999 Pessac-Léognan"

This was from AUH-LHR and the reviewer said the wines were the same as his last review is 2006.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 12:47 pm

Subsequent to that review, I've travelled on it again (same route):
"Drinks were offered immediately, including Billecart-Salmon, Brut Blanc-de-Blancs 2002, Grand Cru champagne. "
and later in the review:
"For wines, the choices included Louis Jadot, Chassagne Montrachet 2004 and a Château Batailley Grand Cru 5ieme 1998, Classé Pauillac, although it’s worth noting that several of them are also served in business class."

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...etihad-airways

I've tried attaching a scan of the wine menu, but can't find the relevant function button, but the other champagne on offer in F for that flight was Champagne Baudry Brut Rose NV (100% pinot noir)

Last edited by Tom Otley; Jan 8, 2009 at 4:53 am
Old Jan 9, 2009, 11:43 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK*G, IHG Diamond Amb
Champagne on AUH LHR 6-jan

[QUOTE=BiziBB;11020686]Seeing as we are yet to see an answer to tinkybelle's question, can we quiz recent F travellers again:

On the AUH - LHR (EY17) on 6-jan the following Champagnes were served in F:
- Champagne Billecart-Salmon, Brut Blanc de Blancs 2002 Grand Cru, Mareuil-sur-Ay
- Champagne Baudry Brut Rose NV

Caviar was also served as a appertizer...
Old Jan 12, 2009, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by riced
From a Business Traveller review of F in late 2007. "T...Veuve Clicquot 1996

... from AUH-LHR and the reviewer said the wines were the same as his last review is 2006.
Originally Posted by Tom Otley
Subsequent to that review, I've travelled on it again (same route):
"Billecart-Salmon, Brut Blanc-de-Blancs 2002, Grand Cru champagne. "
and later in the review:
http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...etihad-airways

I've tried attaching a scan of the wine menu, but can't find the relevant function button, but the other champagne on offer in F for that flight was Champagne Baudry Brut Rose NV (100% pinot noir)
[QUOTE=gunlie;11043587]
Originally Posted by BiziBB
Seeing as we are yet to see an answer to tinkybelle's question, can we quiz recent F travellers again:

On the AUH - LHR (EY17) on 6-jan the following Champagnes were served in F:
- Champagne Billecart-Salmon, Brut Blanc de Blancs 2002 Grand Cru, Mareuil-sur-Ay
- Champagne Baudry Brut Rose NV

Caviar was also served as a appertizer...
Thanks for these excellent bits of information - now which Champagne was best? Anything other than the same-old Charles Heidsieck, my usual [only!] choice in 2008/09!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.