Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Expired: Get $60/40 euro for Accor signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expired: Get $60/40 euro for Accor signup

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2009, 1:44 am

Should they accept them in Etap hotels as well?
It doesn't say on the page or on the voucher itself. But Etap is Accor hotel...

Cheers
Chris
Old Oct 3, 2009, 7:50 am

Since it was asked here earlier, I have created around 300 accounts and have yet 250 accounts with unordered vouchers. Most of the other vouchers have arrived, I have used 10 of them sucessfully (one stay with 7 vouchers).

I am currently ordering around 2 vouchers a day with my existing accounts. all have different names, addresses, countries, and i am changing my profile at the time of ordering
Old Oct 3, 2009, 8:01 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by unimatrix27
I am currently ordering around 2 vouchers a day with my existing accounts. all have different names, addresses, countries, and i am changing my profile at the time of ordering
If they ask for ID at check-in, do the vouchers need to match the name of the person checking in?
Old Oct 3, 2009, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Originally Posted by tom911
If they ask for ID at check-in, do the vouchers need to match the name of the person checking in?
The vouchers do not have names on them.

Since someone asked if Etap accepts the vouchers, I was also wondering if Lucien Barrire accepts them (also a part of Accor).
Old Oct 3, 2009, 10:05 am

Since it was asked here earlier, I have created around 300 accounts and have yet 250 accounts with unordered vouchers. Most of the other vouchers have arrived, I have used 10 of them sucessfully (one stay with 7 vouchers).

Personally, I think such a quantity is shameful.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 10:47 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I take some things I read on FT with a grain of salt. 300 different addresses?
Old Oct 3, 2009, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by tom911
I take some things I read on FT with a grain of salt. 300 different addresses?
I know someone earlier said that they ordered 30. I set up 53 accounts and ordered all the vouchers, between family members that actually exist.

I know that it took me a long long time to set up all these email accounts.

300?
Old Oct 3, 2009, 11:14 am

i just described what i did for information only. I am not going to defend what I do and I am responsible for my own actions.

You do not need to setup emailaccounts in these days. Enough temporary mail services are available on the internet without the need to signup.

to inform you, in german forums there are many people who have even more. look at ebay germany. there are around 50 vouchers for sale per day.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 3:41 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

I set about 30 accounts.

I could have created more, but I have a job, a family and a life.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 11:53 pm

account creation could be done mostly automatic, so it took me 2 hours in total, but spread over the whole period
Old Oct 7, 2009, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I assume the answer is yes, but can someone confirm that these vouchers can also be used towards hotel incidentals and food costs? In other words, if my room costs $100 and I order $20 in room service, I can pay with two of these vouchers, right (of course plus tax)?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I assume the answer is yes, but can someone confirm that these vouchers can also be used towards hotel incidentals and food costs? In other words, if my room costs $100 and I order $20 in room service, I can pay with two of these vouchers, right (of course plus tax)?
Yes you can use them for incidentals! Some hotels will even allow you to use them for F & B without a night's stay.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by uproared
I concur. Setting up accounts for friends and family members who actually exist is OK... but setting up dozens of accounts under fake names out of greed is really shameful. The argument that "I set up only xx accounts and there is somebody who set up 300 accounts" doesn't make it any less shameful.

This sort of behavior is only going to deter marketers from coming up with attractive deals in future.

I am a sucker for deals like this but I always play by the rules and also by common sense about ethical behavior
Old Oct 17, 2009, 12:06 am

i just described what i did for information only. I am not going to defend what I do and I am responsible for my own actions.

You do not need to setup emailaccounts in these days. Enough temporary mail services are available on the internet without the need to signup.

to inform you, in german forums there are many people who have even more. look at ebay germany. there are around 50 vouchers for sale per day.
But by talking about those people in the German forums you were already attempting to defend yourself by comparing how few accounts you have compared to others. It is people like yourself who are killing such deals for more ethical/honest deal seekers.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 9:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by uproared
Just greed, plain and simple.......what annoys me is why they have to brag about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.