Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mercure Frankfurt Airpot

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2007, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Mercure Frankfurt Airpot

I booked at the Mercure Frankfurt Airport Hotel on 20 Ann Weiher for $95.00 for one night via Hotels.com since I am on a flight that requires a one night stopover. I think I got a good deal since they offer free airport transportation.

I was wondering if any of you have stayed here. I am in a Standard King bedded room and for some reason it says the room has a shower only and on other says the room has a bathtub. Are the rooms of good size? Is the pool open 24 hours? Is it worth paying $20 for the breakfast? Any personal experience about this hotel would be most appreciative. They say the shuttle operates from 6 AM-11 PM if my flight arrives late and I don't want to spend for a taxi could I see if they could send a shuttle since my flight arrives at 7:40.

If I am not mistaken it only takes 10 minutes to clear customs at Frankfurt and I need 2 hours before my next flight and my bag will be checked to my next destination in the US.

Thanks again

I assume I got a great rate since it's listed as a 4 star hotel. I checked out other hotels and they wanted more for less amenities.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 10:21 pm

This is our favoriate hotel in the area and one we use whenever we have need to stopover for flights out of Frankfurt. We sometimes make a mileage run and we never stay anywhere else after finding this location.

If you have an Accor as I do, you even get a better rate, "points" , etc. Also, the "happy hour" food and beverage deal is one of the best in the world in my experience.

The room we always request and receive is a great facility with plenty of room, an outside balcony sitting area, has a kitchenette that is perfect, etc.

In short, this is really a great deal for the area and the free full size bus service to and from the airport is very convenient and saves lots of $$$.

By the way, you likely know that LZ uses this facility for their housing of flight attendant trainees, for conferences, etc. so many opportunites to meet really interesting folks.

(If you do a search, you will find a thread on this hotel a few months back that has additional info.

Please post your experiences at this Mercure...and you are correct about the 4 star rating.

Regards
747LWW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.