Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

A Stay Report on Topaz Hotel in DC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2005, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC

Can anyone provide a report on staying at the Topaz Hotel (a Kimpton hotel) in Washington, DC?
Old Aug 11, 2005, 9:40 pm

Programs: Starfleet Captains Club
Kimpton much better than *wood in DC..

Well, I like them anyway.

Go to this website at www.tripadvisor.com, http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR..._Columbia.html

Someone on the *wood board recently said that people generally post with negative reviews more than positive.

The Kimpton reviews are striking in that a few are negative ones, but most are positive. Indicative to me that they are better hotels (overall).
Old Aug 11, 2005, 9:43 pm

I haven't stayed at the Topaz but have stayed at two other Kimpton properties in DC -- Hotel Monaco and Hotel Helix -- and enjoyed both of them.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 11:50 am

Programs: United 1K, Fairmont Plat, Northwest
I live just around the corner from the hotel and the restaurant and bar are great. Service is great. The bar has a decent croud for happy hour. The neighborhood is a great location, very chraming and centrally located. Quiet street just off dupont and scott circles. I can't speak for the rooms specifically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.