Wiki Posts
Search

Omni Bedford Springs Resort

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2009, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Omni Bedford Springs Resort

Fron the pictures on the Omni website, this appears to be a very attractive property. This property joined Omni in Jan 2009, and I can't find much info about it.

I'm planning to make a trip out there from NYC next month, but rates seem to be quite high (3xx for base room cancellable rate). Has anyone stayed here before?
Old Feb 1, 2010, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Omni Bedford Springs Resort, PA [review]

We made it to Bedford Springs last September (2009) and it was a wonderful experience. Here's the review:

Omni Bedford Springs Resort, PA

My boyfriend and I spent his birthday there in the resort for the weekend. When we approached the resort, the outside of the resort looks like other renovated resorts that we’ve seen. However, it has so much more to it once we set foots inside.

The resort was so clean and spacious and the staff are really friendly. We walked pass a mineral pool on the way to our room and the water is blue! I couldn’t believe my eyes. The tiles on the floors are so clean and shiny in its own color, that was so comforting after travelling all the way from NY for a short stay.

We went to the room and the staff was so thoughtful. They knew we came here to celebrate a birthday and they wrote us a card with some yummy dipped chocolate waiting, that was very sweet.

The room has a balcony facing the mountain and bedding was very clean and comfortable. The design of the room looks a bit frenchy/ colonial and it was so well done for such a big scale renovation! Even the door knob has an accent of its own.

We went to the restaurant there 1796 Room and they already told us that there don’t have any more table, but we insisted and kept waiting, and talked to a manager and he said he would put us on waiting list. It was almost 9pm and they still don’t have any seat. Since we read a lot about the 1796 room and it only has good thing about it, we tried hard to talk them into just delivering room service. We talked to another manager and went through a few layers of communication, they finally said they could do room service for us which was so great – because we have seriously been wanting to try that restaurant since we booked the room a while ago.

The room service was so great, the food was top notch. We ordered a lobster and crab cake and I have to say the meal was exceptional, even better than a lot of top restaurants in Manhattan as well. I got the crab cake again the next day for brunch J

We also tried out the spa service as well. First of all I was in the resting area, it was so relaxing! They got a spa menu and other tea/ drinks and snacks were available (self service) and we spent hours chilling there just to relax on their chairs. There was also the bath area as well with heated pool inside. It is also a mineral water pool and they provided a bottle of scrub and showers too. The whole spa day was so relaxing and the staff are really friendly and nice, they are well spoken as well.

After the spa, we had some time to go out for a hike and the hike was quite easy. We saw some people hiking and there were hiking map. We saw some orange and red mushroom on the way as well which adds to the hiking.

One thing though, I think the resort holds some kind of meeting or conferences sometimes and it has quite a lot of people outside at the lobby and such that could be quite crowded, but overall speaking it was still a very nice experience and we will definitely come back for if any relaxation is needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.