Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Other Hotel Chains
Sign in using an external account

Old Nov 4, 04, 7:52 pm   #1

Programs: AA Plat, AS MVP, HH Diamond, *Wood Plat
LaQuinta Returns points expire

Just wanted to alert any flyertalkers that collect LaQuinta Returns points: When they switched to a points based system a couple of years ago, they converted stays to points. A little known feature of their program is that points expire 2 years after posting, regardless of later activity. I noticed last week that I lost 9000 points. A short call later they were reinstated along with a warning this was a 1 time curtesy.

I was told that they send out a card a few weeks before expiration warning about this, I don't remember receiving said card. I'm going to convert all my points to miles since that way I don't have to track which LaQuinta points might be expiring anytime soon.
LightingGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 04, 2:57 pm   #2

Thanks for the info. I rarely stay at La Quinta, just last week in Orlando, but it was so bad I may never return again.

PEACE!
PapiTheWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 08, 9:07 am   #3

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Platinum, Choice Diamond, Priority Club Plat, DL Silver
Now it seems they do NOT expire?

I stopped using LQ because of the points expiration even when you had stay activity but when I went to use the rest of my points today, I saw this on the website -

Points never expire as long as your account remains active

And according to the terms and conditions -

Members who do not have any stay activity within an 18-month consecutive period may be removed from the program and all accrued points will be forfeited.

This will be a welcome change, since getting at least one stay a year would not be a problem.
FLOIR is offline   Reply With Quote