Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2001, 2:55 am
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
My Favorites and worst stays

Loved New Orleans... Magnificent
GO there . go there . go there!!!

Also Lake Louise and Hotel MacDonald.... top notch.

One of our all time standby's
Waterfront Hotel in downtown Vancouver.

medium rated in no particular order.....hmmm

Hotel Vancouver - very unpredictable

Banff - nice but

Chateau Whistler - How much ???

Chateu Frontenac - beautiful hotel

The Plaza Hotel in NYC. (Although the front desk crew were awesome) I still don't know if I was supposed to bribe that lady for a table. The guys downstairs in the bar on lower level, however, very approachable, friendly, and decent service. (The quality of the food we had at the Plaza was indeed awesome though).

at the Plaza we did not fit in ,but i'll probably go back.

my least favorite goes to..

Jasper Park Lodge.... I'd rather not get into it. Well, it was beautiful senery and wow what a great pool!!!

Others I've stayed in and enjoyed...
Paliser, Lombard, Royal York, Laurier, Queen Elizabeth, all fair hotels....

Does this post prove i'm a grumpy guy... I hope not. Perhaps had to get it off my chest.

Love to hear your input???

[This message has been edited by seanthepilot (edited 06-20-2001).]
Old Jun 9, 2001, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
seanthepilot, I totally agree with you about the Waterfront Centre Hotel. It's one of my favorites. Well, actually, it's the only one I've stayed at in Canada, but I've been there several times.

Can't wait to do Chateau Lake Louise sometime.

San Francisco has redone their lobby, if you haven't been there in the last year. It's beautiful.

And, my favorite Fairmont is the Fairmont Miramar Hotel located in, where else? Santa Monica. They just did a total refurbishment and is fabulous, too. Now if this "June gloom" would just give way to sunshine.
Old Jun 11, 2001, 11:03 am

Ever Stayed in the Fairmont Southampton Princess in Bermuda? Its a wonderful hotel in a beautiful location.

Old Jun 11, 2001, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Any comments on the Fairmont Kansas City -- the former Alameda Plaza by way of the Ritz-Carlton.
Old Jun 15, 2001, 12:52 pm

fastflyer - KC Fairmont is quite nice. However, they recently changed the room(s) security system and the St Louis Cardinals baseball players staying at the hotel were victimized (personal items removed) by people unknown. Suspected is an inside job. You figure.
Old Jun 17, 2001, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
In 1976 I stayed at the Southampton Princess. I just loved Bermuda. Even the taxis smelled nice--found out later that the drivers put coconut oil on their dashboards. Yummm. I haven't been back yet, but will someday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.