Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Info on Taj's InnerCircle program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2007, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold

Will be spending some time in India over coming few months, and my client has us stay at Taj. Prefer Starwood but not an options.
Wondering what people know about the InnerCircle program. Any good? Anything worth knowing about it?
Old Feb 16, 2007, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, UA MP, JetBlue TrueBlue, ICH PC Rewards
Have stayed at their business hotels on a couple of occasions. Excellent service and great rooms^ . No idea about their InnerCircle program. You can earn miles on KLM and Delta. I suppose you already know that.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, *wood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, A|Club Platinum, Avis President's Club
Arrow Here's the complete scoop:

http://www.tajhotels.com/TajInnercircle/default.htm
Old Apr 1, 2009, 3:09 pm

I'm innercircle gold, and wanted to share my limited experience. Hopefully others will chime in as well. If not, perhaps this thread will help someone searching for info in the future.

The program is quite simple: you get 1 point for every Rs 100 you spend (a bit more than $2 at current exchange rate). Spend includes room rate + F&B but not taxes. 250 points in 60 days gets you silver. Then, 2000 points in the year gets you gold.

Gold benefits include:
-faster earn: 1 pt for each Rs. 80 of spend.
-a non-alcoholic drink on arrival.
-(not published) asst manager takes you to your room and completes check-in there.
-flowers and fruit left in room on arrival--this is hit or miss.
-15% of laundary service is published. I've never actually gotten this, but I generally get some of my laundry comped, and that works out to a better deal so I don't complain.
-10% off some rates, negotiated rates are always lower.

Upgrades are not a published benefit. In general, I find that I don't get any extra recognition as a result of status.

Redemption rates vary, but I'd say that they are generally around 1/2 of starwood for a similiar hotel. So, since the earn is also around 1/2 it works out the same. But, the big difference is that innercircle has no promos, so earning points in much harder.

Another big downside is that stays don't always post. And, there is no clear procedure to get them to post... when I send email there is about a 50% chance that it gets answered.

In general, this is a pretty lame program. Though, it's better than getting 500 LH miles or something like that for each stay.

Perhaps other FTers have been able to make better use of this program?
Old Apr 2, 2009, 11:48 am

I do agree to all of your points. I'm also Innercircle Gold, like their hotels, service and rooms, but find it most annoying and irritating that there seems to be no way to keep record of the stays online - as there is with nearly every other rewards programme. e-mail queries might be answered, might be not.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:34 am

avoid it

i have had very bad experiences with the Taj Inner Circle. Their online system is really bad - stays dont show up, logins dont work, password reminders do not work. dont even try calling customer service by phone. Their E-mail replies are prompt but not very helpful people. The taj hotels have very good service and the stay would be good, but if you are looking at a loyaly program, choose starwood.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: Starwood, AA
i have a couple questions: I'm IC Silver
- do you get points if you book through an agent (any difference between a regular agent, such as virtuoso or online, such as expedia?)
-i'm considering booking a room at Taj Lake Palace and redeeming my points for an upgrade certificate. does anyone have experience with that? Do you have to book your reservation with Taj directly to use the cert or it doesn't matter? I got two different answers from Taj (central reservations vs hotel directly).
Agent rates are better than directly booking with Taj (although not hugely so). so if i can, i'd prefer to book through an agent and use my upgrade cert.
thanks
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Couldn't agree more

Originally Posted by andymell
I'm innercircle gold, and wanted to share my limited experience. Hopefully others will chime in as well. If not, perhaps this thread will help someone searching for info in the future.

The program is quite simple: you get 1 point for every Rs 100 you spend (a bit more than $2 at current exchange rate). Spend includes room rate + F&B but not taxes. 250 points in 60 days gets you silver. Then, 2000 points in the year gets you gold.

Gold benefits include:
-faster earn: 1 pt for each Rs. 80 of spend.
-a non-alcoholic drink on arrival.
-(not published) asst manager takes you to your room and completes check-in there.
-flowers and fruit left in room on arrival--this is hit or miss.
-15% of laundary service is published. I've never actually gotten this, but I generally get some of my laundry comped, and that works out to a better deal so I don't complain.
-10% off some rates, negotiated rates are always lower.

Upgrades are not a published benefit. In general, I find that I don't get any extra recognition as a result of status.

Redemption rates vary, but I'd say that they are generally around 1/2 of starwood for a similiar hotel. So, since the earn is also around 1/2 it works out the same. But, the big difference is that innercircle has no promos, so earning points in much harder.

Another big downside is that stays don't always post. And, there is no clear procedure to get them to post... when I send email there is about a 50% chance that it gets answered.

In general, this is a pretty lame program. Though, it's better than getting 500 LH miles or something like that for each stay.

Perhaps other FTers have been able to make better use of this program?
Agree with you on all the points, but if you're staying at a Taj, you might as well signup.

The website is pretty useless - the rewards items you can get are horrible. Also, searching for a reward stay is absolutely excruciating!!

Also, you don't really get any benefits for being Gold status.

I was at the JW Marriott in Mumbai as a Platinum and I got lounge access, upgraded room, free internet, and free breakfast.

As a Gold in Taj, I get absolutely none of those in the Vivanta by Taj President in Mumbai. Granted the staff are nice and all, but hey, it's still India and things are always hit or miss.

As always over here, be prepared to have print outs of EVERYTHING.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Should I go for IC or credit to some airline ?

I will be staying in a Taj property about 2-3 nights every 2 months.. Does it make sense to become a Taj IC member or should I get the miles credited to LH M&M ?

I find it surprising that Taj stays cannot be credited to Jet Airways FF programme but can be credited @ 500 miles per stay to M&M..
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:39 am

taj inner circle program - review WORST SERVICE

BIGGEST ONILNE FRAUD MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM - TAJ INNERCIRCLE BEWARE

THIS WAS THE REPLY GIVEN BY THE INNERCIRCLE TEAM PROOF IS HERE:

PLS NOTE MY POINTERS/EXPERIENCES ARE GIVEN IN BOLD LETTERS

Taj InnerCircle Hi Dev, Our Member Services team tried contacting you on the given mobile number. However, they were unable to get in touch with you. May we request you to help us with a convenient date and time in order to understand your concerns further and address them. NEVER GOT ANY CALL ON MY NUMBER 8123704038 PLS DON'T FOOL ME AND OUBLIC READING THIS.

On the points raised by you:
1. 50% off on weekends - The best time to use these vouchers is during times of high occupancy when the regular rates (BAR) shoot up. It is at times like those that this voucher is most beneficial. The voucher does state that the offer is on rack rates only.

MY EXPERIENCE / CONCLUSIONS:
SO ALL INNERCIRCLE MEMBERS PLS PLAN YOUR HOLIDAY AND SPECIAL EVENTS ON HIGH OCCUPANCY DAYS TO USE THIS COUPON.
CHALLENGE - I BET THROUGHOUT THE YEAR ANY ROOM CATEGORY PRICE DISPLAYED ON TAJ RESERVATION WEBSITE WILL BE LOWER THAN THE PRICE U GET AFTER USING THIS VOUCHER - PLS TRY YOURSELF AND SEE.

2. Complimentary room - There are times when the hotels may be fully booked and unable to offer the complimentary rooms. However, at times like these, the Member Services team works with the members to get them alternate dates/ cities. In case you have not been able to use your complimentary night, please let us know and we will assist you.

THEY HAVE A SOLID REASON LIKE THIS PRINTED ON ALL VOUCHERS SO THAT U DONT SUE OR TAKE THEM TO LEGAL SOUP - AFTER U EXPERIENCE BAD DAYS.

3. Upgrade vouchers - Upgrade vouchers are subject to availability at the time of check in. Therefore, the reservations team will not be able to upgrade you at the time of booking. Every year, there are thousands of upgrades that are being given across hotels at the time of check in when rooms are available. The member services team would again be able to speak to the hotel and inform them of your arrival so that in case a higher category room is available at the time of check in, it can be allocated to you.

UPGRADE VOUCHERS THE BEST WAY TO SEE THIS IS PLS ASK THE HOTEL RESERVATIONS TEAM OR CENTRAL RESERVATION THAN U WANT A "PAID UPGRADE" AND ANSWER AS U ALL KNOW WILL BE A "BIG YES". NOW TRY THE SAME WITH "I HAVE A COMPLIMENTARY VOUCHER" AND AS USUAL ANSWER WILL BE "SORRY SIR ROOMS ARE FULL".

TO MAKE U A BIGGER FOOL IN GOLD MEMBERSHIP (EPICURE PLUS) U ALSO HAVE 2 SUIT UPGRADES. BUT AS USUAL U WILL BE NEVER LUCKY TO GET THEM USED DURING ANY STAY.

4. 20% special occasions voucher - We do not offer 20% discount on F&B with the rooms. A few select packages may have this feature but more than 90% of our room packages do not come with any F&B discounts.

TO GET THIS PLS CHECK THE TAJ RESERVATIONS WEBSITE AND SEE YOURSELF.

Request you to please let us know when to reach out to you so that a senior member of our Member Services team can speak to you and clarify this at the earliest. We value all our customers and would like to ensure that we are able to help you make the most of your Epicure Plus membership.

ALWAYS ALL THE INNER CIRCLE LINES WILL BE BUSY. IN CASE U GET THROUGH AMD WANT TO SPEAK TO ANY MANAGERS ALL OF THEM WILL BE BUSY. COMMOM REASONS - IN MEETING (AS IF THEY ARE DISCUSSING ABOUT INDIAN ECONOMY THROUGHOUT THE DAY)

FINAL CONCLUSION:

PLS DONT FALL PRAY TO THIS FRAUD PROGRAM. THEY WILL CALL U MANY TIMES AND SPEAK VERY SWEETLY AND SHOW U BIG DREAMS BUT U WILL FIND OUT YOURSELF VERY SOON. I CRY WHY WHY WHY AND HOW I FELL INTO THIS BIG TRAP.

[Personal information edited by Moderator per FT Rules re privacy of members.]
Originally Posted by anandrag
Will be spending some time in India over coming few months, and my client has us stay at Taj. Prefer Starwood but not an options.
Wondering what people know about the InnerCircle program. Any good? Anything worth knowing about it?

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jan 26, 2016 at 7:59 am Reason: See note above.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Bumping this thread. Anyone have recent experience with Inner Circle or Epicure Plus? I have Silver status now. Am planning a trip to India soon and will have several Taj stays. I'm wondering if it is worth it to buy into Epicure Plus to get the Gold status for hotel and the "happy hours" and other Epicure things. (BTW, what does the happy hour mean? Free drinks? Free snacks? Cheaper drinks?) I am tempted because we'll be meeting friends in India and the benefits could be nice with the group. Thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
India - Taj Inner Circle - Feedback

Hi
Anyone actively participating in TIC and their dining program Epicure. I would like to get some feedback before joining.

Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
I actively participate in TIC and would have to say that as much as I love Taj hotels, TIC is enough to make me reconsider ever staying at one again.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:27 am

Anyone have success with status match?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.