Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

What's important in a loyalty scheme??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's important in a loyalty scheme??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Smile What's important in a loyalty scheme??

Hello all!
I work for a small luxury hotel chain and am looking to implement a loyalty scheme. What 's important to you all in a scheme? What type of things would you like to see? Thank you in advance!
Old Feb 26, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by elopez123
Hello all!
I work for a small luxury hotel chain and am looking to implement a loyalty scheme. What 's important to you all in a scheme? What type of things would you like to see? Thank you in advance!
Not knowing your market but my two cents worth.....drop "loyalty" as a scheme, loyalty never really existed either side. Diverting spend to any new location would require some benefit and most likely an incentive so "rewards program" is more like it. You are competing with many public rewards programs so either create your own $ back or tag onto credit card programs. Go direct if you can and take the 15% you'd pay to the Third Party bookers and offer up as a stay credit of some kind. If someone books $1000 worth of rooms and earns a $150 same stay credit on acct for whatever that's a draw. After you have built a decent enticement then target repeat guests with good old fashioned VIP treatment and back it up with a consistent stay experience ie clean & well maintained rooms, friendly service, rapid response on any issues....the kind of good stuff people brag about on FT and Trip Advisor. Then if folks like your offering, they are more likely to return or refer your location to others. Generally, People like to spread good news and that's not loyalty, just a consumer that felt like they got what they paid for or a little bit extra. Good luck with it....curious how it turns out so post back.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Unless you have a large proportion of the rooms in a particular region or country, I'd say forget it. As someone who travels to a lot of different places, the last thing I want is yet another loyalty scheme that I'll probably never benefit from. I'd suggest trying to link up with some existing scheme, as Davenport Hotels have done in Washington, joining up with Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.