Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

DENVER - Kimpton Monaco as IC or Grand Hyatt as Diamond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, UN Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond

Looking to spend New Years Eve in Downtown Denver. Between the Monaco Hotel as a Karma Inner Circle member or the Grand Hyatt as a GP Diamond member, what's the better of the two? (Upgrades, amenities, staff, etc. Worth using a DSU at the Hyatt over hoping for an upgrade at Monaco?)

Rates for 4 nights: Monaco ~ $1,031, GH ~ $856

Thanks for any advice!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
The suite at the GH is a living room with an attached bedroom; it is quite spacious. I do like the club room that they have as well at the property. The concierges are actually quite helpful. When asked for a dirty martini, they actually had gone to the trouble to go to the lobby bar and have a bartender make it, bringing the shaker up to the room as me and my partner watched some Winter Olympics coverage.

I've never stayed at the Monaco during NYE, but I will say that every time I have stayed at the property I had been upgraded to the suite. The restaurant adjacent is actually quite delicious. I have found the rooms to be a little dated, but customer service at any Kimpton is top notch above all. The Monaco isn't as crowded as the GH, where waiting for an elevator at the end of the night or during check out is a big cluster .
Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:09 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
We haven't stayed at Monaco for NYE, but we stayed in April as IC for a single night, and we were well treated, had a lovely room and were quite pleased.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.