Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Need rooms at a sold out Four Seasons: any ideas?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2012, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat

I need two rooms around Christmas time at the Four Seasons, Maui - its sold out, the waiting list is extensive already.

Any FTer thoughts on how to get ahead of the pack in terms of the wait list? any special concierge services, credit cards, etc. that do the trick?
Old May 24, 2012, 2:45 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Unfortunatley, I can't help you with the Four Seasons, but you could get Plat status with Ritz Carlton (or Marriott), and then you get a 48 hour room guarantee at the RC. (Actually, it looks like the Maui RC even has award availability around Christmas. So you might even be able to make a CC trade for a room there.)
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:41 pm

Four Seasons Maui works with Virtuoso, so maybe giving a Virtuoso agent a call might help bump you up the list.

It's also an FHR hotel, so perhaps if you have a Platinum Card, you could call your Platinum concierge and see if they can help.

Of course there is also FS Preferred Partner, but it's probably got only a bit more pull than Virtuoso and I'd guess most Virtuoso agents are also FSPP agents.

All are still long shots, but might be better than just calling on your own.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:47 pm

This is a very difficult hotel if sold out. In front of the waiting list will be movies stars and very wealthy people. In front of them could very well be certain computer company executive(s). Good luck. My advice try the Fairmont next door or the Hilton if you have young children.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 6:54 pm

How did this turn out? Were you able to get the space you needed? Also, there are most definitely MORE Virtuoso advisors than Preferred Partner advisors. Just something to keep in mind!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:16 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, RC STARS, MO FanClub, Dorchester Diamond, Luxury Priv, Peninsula PenClub
Your best course of action is to work with a Virtuoso agent who is also a Four Seasons Preferred Partner. Two strikes in your favor along with personal service.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Thank you all for the tips. We decided against Maui, primarily for the costs of traveling in peak season. Will do this another time - and will report back if any of these aforementioned services are of help...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.