Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Lingus Aircraft SFO-DUB 17-Dec

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2008, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-GLD; DL-SLVR
Aer Lingus Aircraft SFO-DUB 17-Dec

I have a good friend travelling on Aer Lingus (EI) from San Francisco to Dublin on Wed 17-Dec. I understand from a search on this forum that certain 332 aircraft have PTVs, some with AVOD, and some have neither. More specifically:

EI has 4 A330-200's.
EI-LAX and EI-EWR dont have PTV's.
EI-DAA has them but not AVOD
EI-DUO has AVOD PTV's throughout the cabin.
Which aircraft you travel on will depend on a/c rotation

Does anyone know of a way to learn the SPECIFIC aircraft (e.g. EI-DUO) that will be flying the route that day...perhaps a website. I understand that at this point it is hard to know, but I'm thinking that certainly as late as the morning of 17-DEC it would be clear which aircraft is being used since it would be coming over DUB-SFO then turning around for my friend's flight.

Any help you can offer is appreciated.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 7:24 am

Programs: AAdvantage
http://www.acarsd.org/acars_search.html

This site can be of help though only on the day of departure. You would need to do a search for the 147 on the 17th to see what aircraft will operate the return 146 later that day.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 6:43 am

Just checked for you. The aircraft scheduled to operate EI-147 tomorrow the 17th is EI-DUO, which you will be glad to know has AVOD throughout the cabins

Last edited by CallBell; Dec 16, 2008 at 6:44 am Reason: spelling
Old Dec 16, 2008, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info on EI-147 for tomorrow Dec 17th. Still keeping my fingers crossed that there are no equipment substitutions.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 4:48 pm

Just checked again. Looks as tho it has happened and the 147 will be operated by EWR. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 3:46 pm

Programs: Sunoco Gas Card
Originally Posted by CallBell
Just checked again. Looks as tho it has happened and the 147 will be operated by EWR. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
What do you mean "operated by EWR"? I am flying to Aer Lingus later this month for the first time, was just poking around FT to learn about the carrier, etc. Thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2008, 4:33 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
All Aer Lingus craft carry a registration number beginning with EI- and then three letters. We tend to refer to the particular aircraft by their reg - so EI-DUO is often referred to as DUO, or in this case the aircraft will be EI-EWR.

Very many of EI's registrations are the same as airports codes, which is why EWR may have confused you with Liberty Airport, Newark NJ.

The flight in question was actually operated by EWR as CallBell suggested.

Last edited by GoldCircle; Dec 17, 2008 at 4:46 pm
Old Dec 22, 2008, 12:00 pm

interesting. Actually I thought EWR might have been an ICAO code or something.

I'll be on Aer Lingus for the first time next week (jfk-dub-cdg and return) and if anyone has any tips or things to keep an eye out for (interesting way to kill time at DUB?) would be appreciative, thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2008, 12:12 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by RodneyBD
interesting. Actually I thought EWR might have been an ICAO code or something.

I'll be on Aer Lingus for the first time next week (jfk-dub-cdg and return) and if anyone has any tips or things to keep an eye out for (interesting way to kill time at DUB?) would be appreciative, thanks!
The primary tip is to fly JFK-CDG non-stop (offered by AA, AF and others). Price is the primary reason to fly EI these days when your destination is not Ireland; if they are not a lot cheaper, you made a bad choice.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 11:41 am

Thanks for your tip. Try $1000 cheaper per ticket than the non-stops. $600 per ticket cheaper than a connection. That is $1,200 - $2,000 between the 2 of us. I looked at every permutation possible (UA/LH through anywhere, Swiss through GVA/ZUR, AA, DL, LOT, the list goes on and on). Departing Sunday and returning Saturday. I guess this makes me a businessman since my holiday doesn't have a Saturday night stay (and no, I didn't have any flexibility). Going to grin and bear it.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 11:45 am

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
anyone has any tips or things to keep an eye out for (interesting way to kill time at DUB?)
Nothing like a few early-morning pints of Guinness at one of DUB's airport bars to get you ready for the trip to CDG
Old Dec 23, 2008, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Aircraft DUB-SFO 29-Dec

Regarding the original post, my friend will be returning DUB-SFO on Aer Lingus (EI) on Mon 29-Dec.

I realize that it may be too early to know now, but if anyone knows which SPECIFIC aircraft (e.g. EI-DUO) will be flying the route that day, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thanks again.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 11:07 am

and if you don't mind me piling on, anyone have any insight to what is operating tomorrow Sunday 12/28 fligt #104 from JFK to DUB (5:40pm departure) thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2008, 1:20 pm

It is scheduled to be EI-ORD. But even at this late stage things can change before departure.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 6:17 am

Programs: AA Platinum
how do you get the ACARS to work? I'm on flight 132 BOS-DUB tonight and i can't get it to give me any search results.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.