Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Any pictures of biz class seats on Malev Hungarian?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2008, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, 1MM, Global Entry, UA GLD, TSA PRE

can't seem to find any,not even on Wiki.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
at least from the flights I took a few weeks ago, DAM-BUD-VCE-BUD-GOT
the seats were exactly the same as in coach. Nothing special. But that's short-haul... don't know if you were referring to long-haul flights...
Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, 1MM, Global Entry, UA GLD, TSA PRE
man, I hope there is something, I'm doing ATH-BUD-HEL
Old Jul 4, 2008, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
On their smaller jets (Embraer?) the first 5 rows are biz seats (2+2). Row 6 is a mixture, with A & C biz, DEF eco seats, after that all eco (3+3). The biz cabin is divided by a movable curtain, usually rows 1-3/4 are C, so even if you have a Y ticket you may get a biz seat by insisting on rows 4-5 or 6A/6C.

More seat width and leg space in C seats than Y seats.

I seem to recall if they have the same arrangements in their larger jets, not sure about at which row C seats become Y seats.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bonaturtle
man, I hope there is something, I'm doing ATH-BUD-HEL
BUD-HEL is often serviced by the Embraers (I fly that route often) so you should get C seat. Now in the main holiday season they might put their bigger jets to this route. NB AY flies the same route codesharing with MA, but on AY metal you only get Y seats on this route - one-class route

Don't know about ATH-BUD.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 5:16 pm
Formerly known as WChiCC

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, MGM Rewards Pearl, World of Hyatt Discoverist
Yyz-bud?

Has anyone tried Malev on the YYZ-BUD service in business class? I understand it's flown on the 767-300 formerly of KLM, but was curious about the whole experience. Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2008, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
Originally Posted by WChiCC
Has anyone tried Malev on the YYZ-BUD service in business class? I understand it's flown on the 767-300 formerly of KLM, but was curious about the whole experience. Thanks!
I have taken this flight and if you're looking for the latest and greatest in technology then Malev probably isn't it. If you're OK with personalized, down-to-earth service, with a decent seat then you'll enjoy the experience. I'd fly Malev again anytime...YMMV.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 7:28 pm
Formerly known as WChiCC

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, MGM Rewards Pearl, World of Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by flyupfront
I have taken this flight and if you're looking for the latest and greatest in technology then Malev probably isn't it. If you're OK with personalized, down-to-earth service, with a decent seat then you'll enjoy the experience. I'd fly Malev again anytime...YMMV.
Thanks for the good word! It'll be interesting to try an airline that not many people have tried.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the good word! It'll be interesting to try an airline that not many people have tried.
Well, it may not be the largest airline around, but it carried 1m passanger by mid-May this year. Also they won twice in a row Global Traveler's "The Best Airline in Eastern Europe" award.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 6:59 am
Formerly known as WChiCC

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Well, it may not be the largest airline around, but it carried 1m passanger by mid-May this year. Also they won twice in a row Global Traveler's "The Best Airline in Eastern Europe" award.
Oh, I didn't mean it as an insult! I'm pretty sure there are very few "small" airlines that have multiple 767s. I just meant that whenever I tell someone (non FTer) that I'm taking Malev, I always seem to get a "What? Who?" from them.

Remember, they only fly to NYC in the US and I'm living in Chicago.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Remember, they only fly to NYC in the US and I'm living in Chicago.
That explains, I don't know US regional carriers either
Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:03 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat.
Here is a link to a trip report on airliners.net from Nov '07.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...malev#ID113666
Old Jul 15, 2008, 6:19 pm
Formerly known as WChiCC

Originally Posted by NWA747SNN
Here is a link to a trip report on airliners.net from Nov '07.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...malev#ID113666
Thanks! I saw that one while I was searching around, but that shows the older 767-200 and the YYZ run is now scheduled for the -300, which has different seats and IFE, I think.

I've read that the seats on the -300 are old style KLM ones and there are now personal screens at each seat, but I was hoping to confirm those enhancements.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 8:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Question Shorthaul biz seating advice

Guys anyone can suggest how the shorthaul biz class seats are in B737s? R bulkheads good choice?
Thx
Old Jul 16, 2008, 10:59 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat.
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...159816&nseq=18

http://www.planespotters.net/Product...767/28884.html

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Malev...ext_id=1277339

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.