Wiki Posts
Search

AirBerlin Christmas special

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Sapphire
AirBerlin Christmas special

So AB is running this Christmas special for €88 RT within Germany and select European destination... I need to travel oneway only - can anything happen (e.g. AB claiming payment of regular price for the trip, which is about double the special's) if I just do not show up for the return leg? Sorry if this is a noobish question, and thanks for any help!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: EB / FB / Topbonus
Originally Posted by MattHelm
So AB is running this Christmas special for €88 RT within Germany and select European destination... I need to travel oneway only - can anything happen (e.g. AB claiming payment of regular price for the trip, which is about double the special's) if I just do not show up for the return leg? Sorry if this is a noobish question, and thanks for any help!
Really? You do know that the Xmas special only is availbe special routes and days, right? Try check today since they have some discounts again. However, I guess it wouldnt be a problem.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by daniel-andersson
Really? You do know that the Xmas special only is availbe special routes and days, right? Try check today since they have some discounts again. However, I guess it wouldnt be a problem.
Yeah, I know. The discount apparently is only available on the German site, and only when booking from here. Booking the same dates through the regular booking mask renders different fares.
I think I read somewhere here that airlines could claim full fares for intentional no-shows on special-rate return flights, but that it's rarely done...
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
No problem. In Germany you are certainly free to forget to fly you return.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 3:01 pm

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
Originally Posted by MattHelm
I need to travel oneway only - can anything happen (e.g. AB claiming payment of regular price for the trip, which is about double the special's) if I just do not show up for the return leg? Sorry if this is a noobish question, and thanks for any help!
Just don't check in online and don't go to the airport. you'll be classified as a "No Show" and goodbye.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.