Wiki Posts
Search

Airberlin

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2010, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: EB / FB / Topbonus
Airberlin

Hi, if you going to fly with Airberlin I would suggest that you book via Geruxx.de.

They have no extra service fee (or credit card fee) and the best of all; In case you can't make it to the flight they will refund you the taxes for the flight. For my Airberlin tickets between GOT and TXL, 28€ was taxes and 1€ was the travel fare! And of course you would still also get the mileage to you topbonus account. :-)

So you can buy refundable lowfare tickets via this travel agency. I like btw Airberlin, 23 kg of luggage allowance and some free snacks + drinks onboard. This winter I could bring my skiis as well for free. Thumbs up!
Old Jul 3, 2010, 8:42 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I would second this recommendation. I found geruxx.de somehow and discovered that they do not have a booking fee- compared to the Air Berlin website, which wanted 5-10 EUR each for booking our tickets on their own airline! So geruxx.de and Air Berlin offered the same prices, except it was cheaper on geruxx.de.

I was a little nervous about booking with them as I was unable to find much information about them (at least in English) or experiences of others who had used them. But, we booked our Air Berlin tickets on their website and everything was fine! And we got the best price.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Hi, yea I have booked more than 10 Airberlin flights via geruxx. And cancellation went really easy as well (no extra fee). You cant add the topbonus number during the booking but its no problem to add it during the check in. Even the short promos can be booked via this site. :-)
Old Jul 6, 2010, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Booked another ticket today.

Airberlin site offer the "same" 19-ticket but with an additional 10 service fee. The airberlin site was also a bit messed up, at their search it said that it would be booked in ECO saver (25% points) while Geruxx showed ECO Basic (100% points).

Airberlin 30% promotion today and tomorrow is btw fake. They raised the special selected fares with 30% at midnight, claiming that my 19 ticket had costed 41,95. They never did. However maybe after the promotion it will cost 41,95, let see...
Old Oct 2, 2010, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL GM
I did a booking on this website. Is it possible to pull up the reservation on the Air Berlin website? Or should I just make sure I bring the printed e-mail from geruxx to the airport. Basically, I want to confirm that I have an actual reservation on a flight, and I haven't been able to do that outside of the e-mail I received from geruxx. (Just a bit nervous...)

I'd like to buy a train ticket to take after my flight, and I don't want to end up stuck in Berlin missing my train in Dusseldorf.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:20 pm

Hi,
is this still working? I can't load this page on my computer,
cheers
757DUD
Old Nov 10, 2010, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

yes, you can still book without fee atleast. However via some search scanner you might be able to find better prices.

And yes, you can login and check in with the booking code (as well to add your Topbonus number).
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by daniel-andersson
yes, you can still book without fee atleast. However via some search scanner you might be able to find better prices.

And yes, you can login and check in with the booking code (as well to add your Topbonus number).
Please educate me: If you want to log in on AirBerlin, you need a postcode and a customer number in addition to the booking code. What would you use for a geruxx reservation??
Old Nov 11, 2010, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Please educate me: If you want to log in on AirBerlin, you need a postcode and a customer number in addition to the booking code. What would you use for a geruxx reservation??
To login at Airberlin homepage; you need a topbonus number and a password.

To Check in at Airberlin homepage; (1 day before the flight); you can do this by entering you last name and the PNR number which you have in the geruxx confirmation pdf.

You can do both at the same time, in order to automatic add the topbonuns number to your flight.

p.s; I used Travelstore / Flygpoolen last time via Flygresor.se.

Last edited by daniel-andersson; Nov 11, 2010 at 3:58 pm
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
To login at Airberlin homepage; you need a topbonus number and a password.

To Check in at Airberlin homepage; (1 day before the flight); you can do this by entering you last name and the PNR number which you have in the geruxx confirmation pdf.

You can do both at the same time, in order to automatic add the topbonuns number to your flight.

p.s; I used Travelstore / Flygpoolen last time via Flygresor.se.
Ok, that is clear. So what you cannot do is to visit, to modify or to check your reservation made on geruxx on the Air Berlin website - as said earlier, for this you need more than the confirmation (or PNR) number. You can only check-in

A login on the Air Berlin website with my Topbonus (btw: Gold) number will not help, because the geruxx reservartion will not show up in my profile.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Ok, that is clear. So what you cannot do is to visit, to modify or to check your reservation made on geruxx on the Air Berlin website - as said earlier, for this you need more than the confirmation (or PNR) number. You can only check-in

A login on the Air Berlin website with my Topbonus (btw: Gold) number will not help, because the geruxx reservartion will not show up in my profile.
Yea thats correct.

However, you can contact Airberlin in advance with your Geruxx booking. For example if you need to bring extra luggage (skiis or something).
Old Dec 6, 2010, 1:47 am

In case you can't make it to the flight they will refund you the taxes for the flight.
Do you concern voluntary cancellation, without no serious reasons? What is the procedure - just ask them by e-mail?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.