Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Ryanair booking - one passenger (of two) not flying

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 4:10 am
Original Poster

I need some advice. Have Ryanair flights coming up, a return flight STN-BLQ for me and partner. I now can't travel but he still needs to. How does Ryanair deal with this? Do we need to proactively cancel my ticket (accepting I won't get any refund) - and in fact do they charge a cancellation fee on top? Or if we don't do anything to the booking and he just travels, will he be able to, on both legs?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:01 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Generally speaking, this shouldn't be an issue. Do the OLCI for one passenger and that's the end of that. You may get taxes back for your unused ticket, but it's unlikely that you will once Ryanair deducts their fee.

BTW: Ryanair currently considers legs individually. Even if you don't fly on the outbound, your inbound isn't voided, as is the case with many other carriers and particularly legacy carriers.

For more information: https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful...-before-travel
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver
You will be fine. Happened to me a few times when me and OH bought cheap tickets and only one of us ended up travelling. We even both checked in, I did not mention it to the gate staff and it was all good. Ended up with the seat next to me empty on a full flight both ways which was a great bonus.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks both!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.