Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WoW airlines - cancelled flight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:22 am
Original Poster

WoW airlines - cancelled flight

I have a wow airlines booking in late May. Just received notice that they are cancelling the flight. Options are rebooking or partial refund. Since I have already booked a non-refundable hotel, will they reimburse for that?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
They're not liable for your hotel or any other consequential losses
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:27 am

No chance. Travel insurance.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Yeah I expected as much. Think my CC travel insurance will cover most of it. I wonder what "unexpected circumstances" cause a flight cancellation 4 months out.

Edit: looks like they have consolidated schedule from everyday to just 3-4x per week.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Why only a "partial" refund?

(And there is no reason for them to refund the hotel. They are offering to rebook you. This incident is no reason to cancel your trip - you can still arrive at your hotel on the date booked.
Even if there somehow was any reason here that required you to cancel the hotel, the incidentals related to your travel are always your responsibility, not the airline's)
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Why only a "partial" refund?

(And there is no reason for them to refund the hotel. They are offering to rebook you. This incident is no reason to cancel your trip - you can still arrive at your hotel on the date booked.
Even if there somehow was any reason here that required you to cancel the hotel, the incidentals related to your travel are always your responsibility, not the airline's)
I assume partial refund is their way of trying to get you to keep one leg if they have cancelled the other leg. Just got another email shortly after posting that both legs of our trip were cancelled so I think we get a full refund (but it's done in two separate parts).

Given the new schedule(s) the trip no longer makes sense for us - was a long weekend trip but now require taking more time off work. Good news is that it looks like the hotel will let us cancel anyways with only a tiny penalty.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good stuff!

FYI, it's usually worth paying a little extra for a refundable rate at a hotel - particularly if you have any inkling that you may want to cancel. In many cases, it's only a few quid/Euro/dollars more.

Some booking sites also offer even the cheapest available rates as a refundable rate.

it also means that, once your plans firm up, you can search for a cheaper rate at the same, or different, hotel - and cancel the original reservation.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Yeah I usually do but the rate was 40% cheaper so took the risk. Seems like the hotel had actually some previous experience with WoW airlines and cancellations. When I called and explained the rep said he wasn't surprised at all. Maybe that's why they were nice :-)

Last edited by olouie; Jan 19, 2017 at 8:33 am
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm guessing this was in Reykjavik?

Iceland is apparently short of hotel rooms so they probably know they will have no trouble in selling the room - possibly at a higher rate than you agreed to!
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I'm guessing this was in Reykjavik?

Iceland is apparently short of hotel rooms so they probably know they will have no trouble in selling the room - possibly at a higher rate than you agreed to!
Yep! Price now 2x what I paid for hotel so yeah they will be happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.