Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet2 Carryon Allowance

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Jet2 Carryon Allowance

We are flying Jet2 from Barcelona to Glasgow. Their website says you are allowed one piece of "hand luggage" weighing up to 10kg.

Does anyone know if this "hand luggage" excludes a personal item, such as a backpack? That is, can I carry on a back pack plus a small piece of luggage?
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurostar, Miles&Smiles
If only there was a website where this sort of question might be answered...

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=jet2+hand+baggage+policy
Old Dec 6, 2016, 1:40 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
http://www.jet2.com/faqs/baggage/#gsc.tab=0

"You may carry on board one piece of unchecked cabin baggage free of charge which must be no more than 10kg in weight and no larger than 56cmx45cmx25cm, including all wheels and handles. Should your cabin baggage be larger than these dimensions or weigh in excess of 10kg, you must check this in as hold baggage for which there will be an additional charge which you must pay. You may also be permitted to bring an additional, small item of cabin baggage on board (such as a handbag, laptop bag or airport purchase) provided that such items can be reasonably carried on board, either in the overhead compartment or under the seat in front of you. These items are carried in the cabin subject to our discretion and applicable operational requirements. Any alcohol brought on board by you must not be consumed during the flight. With all hand/cabin baggage (including airport purchases) we reserve the right to require that it must be stored in the aircraft hold due to operational requirements (in which case there will be no charge unless it exceeds the size or weight requirements referred to above). In such circumstances you must ensure that all valuable items are removed and kept with you in the cabin."

In other words, Jet2 may or may not allow you to bring on board an additional personal item. Don't you just love clear policies?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.