Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TP A330 & A343 Executive / business class seating notes, discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TP A330 & A343 Executive / business class seating notes, discussion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold , HH Diamond , IHG Diamond Elite, Accor Gold
Here is a link to the Recaro CL6710 seat that will be fitted on the 14 x 330-900NEO's,which i believe are now delayed for delivery and now starting from 03/18

http://www.hmgaerospace.com/news/tap...lass-seat-itb/

The 7 x 330-200's that are being refitted will have the Thompson Vantage Seat (not the XL version though)

And of course the 2 x ex AD 330-200's have the Sogerma Solstys seats
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: LH Miles&More, TP Miles&Go Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
TP has PW and GE engines on their A332 (former SR and OS aircraft have the PW engines), more details here: http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/T...ctive-a330.htm (the A330-2xx gives a hint that a different type is fitted)
As if that was not enough, the ex-Azul A332s (CS-TOS, CS-TOT) have RR engines.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:28 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by pafnyc
Anyone know if now all a330's will have AVOD? As far as I can tell, right now, 7 a330's have AVOD as well as the 2 new Azul aircraft (meaning, a total of 9/16 have AVOD and all a340's do too)
That's it: CS-TOE to -TOK don't feature AVOD.

Originally Posted by criske
Is there a schedule or calendar for the complete retrofit of these aircrafts? Or, in other words, for when it is expected the end of the retrofit from CS-TOM to CS-TOR, since CS-TOL is already back to service?

I have a great interest in this schedule, because, as far as I know, to my hometown here in Brazil (Porto Alegre, IATA Code POA), TAP can only fly with the A332s from CS-TOL to CS-TOR (the ones with GE engines; "I think" the main reason is that POA airport has a short runway, or so I've heard when the route was open in 2011).

Someone can also confirm this information about the TAP aircrafts to POA? Because if yes, that means that these retrofitted A332 will also be available to POA, not only GIG and GRU in South America...

I've flown several times with TAP in this route (POA - LIS and LIS - POA, TP118 and TP117), but only in Economy, and it was always with CS-TOL to CS-TOP (I flew on all these five A332). I know that CS-TOQ and CS-TOR also run these flights, but never happened to me to fly on them.

Now I am interested in this new business product. I will soon book again a new round trip to Europe, but not sure about the dates yet, but for sure after October 2017 or before the end of February 2018 (just waiting to check my new vaccation period availability).

If I can be sure that these retrofitted aircrafts would be available for LIS/POA after October, I would much prefer to book with TAP, just to avoid a connection at GRU and begin the travel early in the morning.

Otherwise, I would go for LH, even with that GRU connection.
POA should continue to be served by the same subfleet.

As for the schedule, the A332s are being retrofitted at the same time as the A32X fleet, but the pace is fast. CS-TOR and -TOQ should be even faster, because only C/CL will be modified. For the long-haul fleet, the rule is 1 plane per month and it should be completed by December. CS-TOM in almost done and -TON entered the hangar last week.

In any case, I'd expect POA to be the last destination to be served by the retrofitted birds regularly.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria

POA should continue to be served by the same subfleet.

As for the schedule, the A332s are being retrofitted at the same time as the A32X fleet, but the pace is fast. CS-TOR and -TOQ should be even faster, because only C/CL will be modified. For the long-haul fleet, the rule is 1 plane per month and it should be completed by December. CS-TOM in almost done and -TON entered the hangar last week.

In any case, I'd expect POA to be the last destination to be served by the retrofitted birds regularly.

Thank you all for these informations!

Oliver2002, I had already seen that table about all TAP A330 fleet! Althought I am not familiar with aircraft terms (LOL), what I always knew is that the seven TAP A332 from CS-TOL to CS-TOR have GE engines, while the two "new" ones (from Azul) have RR engines and the other older seven (from CS-TOE to CS-TOK) have PW engines

Today I tried without success to find the old "news" back from 2011 about the beginning of LIS - POA - LIS flights, to prove to myself that once I had read or heard that POA (SBPA) could only be authorized to operate these flights if the A332 aircraft had the GE engines. I have no idea why this would be related to the airport short runway (only 2.280m), but I remember that this was much talked here in POA at that time, since the short runway limits the take-off weight and the companies profits (in fact, there are still much talk about this and if we should extend the runway or simply forgert SBPA and construct a new airport -- but I am totally sceptical with both solutions; the runway extension was promissed for decades and still never happened ....)

In any case, I am almost sure that TP117/118 are really served only by the A332 from CS-TOL to CS-TOR. These flights have not even the ANAC authorization for the alternate aircraft (all other TAP destinations in Brazil can have the A343 as alternate or even as the main bird).

tff,

I thought the pace for the retrofit was slower than really is. I imagined some two or three months of work for each aricraft. But at 1 plane per month, I think I have a very good chance to fly on the TAP retrofitted C cabin in my next travel to Europe, whichever the A332 they send to POA on the dates I will eventualy choose to book after October 2017. And depending on my work situation, perhaps I would get new vaccations only after December 20th, which means higher fares!

I am sure that my poor, small, southern city without appeal will be the last TAP destination to be served by the retrofitted planes! But until then, is just hard and mad work for me and no travel aboard at all!

EDITED: Now looking at Flight Radar data, I realized that CS-TOM is being retrofitted at TAP ME hangar hier in POA! Wow, I think the city should receive some credit for this! I mean, let this plane fly to/from here anytime soon!

Last edited by criske; Mar 13, 2017 at 11:08 pm
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Are you sure about that? TAP ME's website only shows A330 capabilities in GIG & LIS... Recaro shipping the seats to POA from their workshops in Europe or US should be also pretty complex...

https://www.tap-mro.com/Pages/About%...e-Centres.aspx
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Are you sure about that? TAP ME's website only shows A330 capabilities in GIG & LIS... Recaro shipping the seats to POA from their workshops in Europe or US should be also pretty complex...

https://www.tap-mro.com/Pages/About%...e-Centres.aspx
I found this information on Flightradar24, which shows that CS-TOM has landed here on February 12th on a non regular flight, without returning to Lisbon.

There is also some talk about that in some TAP on-line fan forums (Portuguese only): https://aviação.pt/index.php?topic=3363.655;wap2 and https://aviação.pt/index.php?topic=3363.245;wap2

Basicaly it lists the retrofit schedule and says that CS-TOM is under retrofit at the TAP ME in POA until 20.03.2017. There are other discussions, of course, like the "seat colors" and the need or not for IFE in short and medium haul flights, IFE by streaming, etc ...

As far as I know, the TAP ME facility in POA has capacity to do A330 maintenance, at least technical maintenance, as it has already been done in recent years. This hangar was from the forever gone VARIG, remaining later with TAP and is said to be a center of "excellence". But of course that to bring all the new equipment needed for the retrofit seems weird...

This is the FB page of TAP ME POA, and it shows the CS-TOM entering in the little hangar in the cover (it seems original, but God only knows... I could go there to check it, it would only cost me a 30 min bus ride, but never mind! ): https://www.facebook.com/TAP-Mainten...03219/?fref=ts
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:08 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Some more news: TP will receive 3 A333s from SQ (9V-SVD, 9V-SVE, and 9V-SVG) between May and July.

I am sure that my poor, small, southern city without appeal will be the last TAP destination to be served by the retrofitted planes! But until then, is just hard and mad work for me and no travel aboard at all!
It's far from being the last destination: all other Brazilian destinations except for GRU and GIG, as well as CCS, LAD, and MPM will still be served by older (and less comfortable) A332s. And Rio Grande do Sul is an awesome State in any case

Now looking at Flight Radar data, I realized that CS-TOM is being retrofitted at TAP ME hangar hier in POA! Wow, I think the city should receive some credit for this! I mean, let this plane fly to/from here anytime soon!
CS-TOM is indeed being retrofitted in POA.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1k
We flew BOS_-> LIS in November. A330 with lie flats (not sure what brands). Will fly it again tonight (got lucky again). Seat 2K, lie flat. Tip: window seats are much better than isle seats. You still have isle access (since it's staggered) and a private little cubby. In the isle seats your extremities can easily hang out into the isles when sleeping and it's a lot less private
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:58 pm

It seems like the CS-TOL aircraft doesn't have a regular route?

From the link oliver2002 posted, it seems to jump around between JFK, NAT, GRU, and LIS.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/cs-tol

The new Recaro seats look nice, and unlike most other J products!
Old Mar 18, 2017, 2:46 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

TP87 got some CS-TOL love....��
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:13 am
Original Poster

CS-TOL went to GRU last night! Why not today? I'm now certain to get the A343 :cry:
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:57 am
Original Poster

In the end I did LIS-GRU on CS-TOD and CNF-LIS on CS-TOJ. TOD was a trip back in time... the seat was really old, worn and really dirty. Thanks to being in row 1 I could adjust it a bit using the 'crew only' levers in the arm rest. TOJ was the familiar recaro 6510, with the pulleys conveniently located in the knee level, so making a completely flat bed was no problem at all. The cushions were completely worn out though.
One nice feature was no overhead bins in the middle, which made the cabin look more open.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Interesting. I booked LIS-MIA for the end of November solely because of their reasonably priced O/W TATL fares. At booking I saw that it was an A332 and had no idea about the retrofit. It's a day flight, so I wasn't too concerned about the angle flat. Based on this thread, it sounds like there's some chance I will get the new seat.

The seat map is showing the 2-2-2 config. Any advice on whether I should be checking the seat map on a regular basis for a change? Or does one only expect to see this only at check-in? I'm traveling with someone, so I will also be concerned with keep us next to each other.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Hilmar Lehnert
We flew BOS_-> LIS in November. A330 with lie flats (not sure what brands). Will fly it again tonight (got lucky again). Seat 2K, lie flat. Tip: window seats are much better than isle seats. You still have isle access (since it's staggered) and a private little cubby. In the isle seats your extremities can easily hang out into the isles when sleeping and it's a lot less private
Are BOS-LIS flights basically guaranteed to have full flat non-angled seats? It seems like it but I didn't find a solid answer yet. Thank you.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
I know this is a Business thread, but I was hoping I could get some help/advice on Y.

My family and I are flying EWR-LIS in June. TAP website on my booking shows that it is a 330 with this seat map: https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/TA...us_A330_V2.php

Two questions: does this seat map correlate to TOL- TOR... and does anybody know if seats 30 D-G are truly "green" as it looks with extra legroom? When I tweeted TAP they stated that they were normal economy seats, but I don't know if they are just saying that because they are center seats and they don't see a more detailed map. Any insights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.