Wiki Posts
Search

LIS-DXB-LAX roundtrip award ticket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TP Gold, *G Star Alliance
LIS-DXB-LAX roundtrip award ticket

I was wondering if I would be eligible to book this flight on Emirates using 110k Tap Victoria Miles+ fuel surcharge costs , since I will be starting my journey in Europe and finalizing it in USA.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I doubt it. The rate of 110k on Star Alliance//other partners (including Emirates) in business does not foresee a connection in a continent other than Europe/North America.

LIS-DXB-LAX, at 12,159 miles, is 75% longer than a more standard LIS-FRA-LAX routing at 6,972 miles, and more than double a LIS-EWR-LAX routing at 5,839 miles.

I doubt that would be valid routing for EK, so if you really wanted to travel on EK, you'd have to book separate LIS-DXB-LIS and DXB-LAX-DXB tickets.

You will have to ring to book - so why not ring and enquire?

And please return and tell us the outcome!

Last edited by irishguy28; Oct 27, 2016 at 8:11 am
Old Oct 31, 2016, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I know that similar awards can be had with Alaska Miles (Emirates Europe-DXM-USA).
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
One must pay a considerable premium to fly EK on a USA-DXB-Europe routing on Alaska's Mileage Plan in comparison to the rates required on the other partners [though given that oneways on Delta are charged at the return rate, it is not the most expensive way to buy a one-way ticket on this routing]

Even if you booked on the direct JFK-MXP flight you'd still end up paying that inflated mileage price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.