Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Icelandair Saga Class review/advice?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Generally, I would have to say that Saga is not worth the cost, but one experience differed.

On last year's SEA-KEF flight, Mrs EkekoBWI flew in Saga (bid-to-upgrade). She's a very picky eater and clicked on every meal option to see what they were. As it turned out, all of the meals she clicked on were loaded into the galley and made available to her in-flight. That made Saga a bit more luxurious than what otherwise would not be too much different than F on AS for a transcon routing. And she sat next to the frontman of Iceland's own Of Monsters and Men for what could be the rarest of threads, "Celebrity sightings on IcelandAir."
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Just been in Saga class again on a few recent legs.

I find the service as good as it gets in business class. Really very friendly crew and very good service on all legs. And the food and drinks selection and generosity of servings are comparable with some of the better ones out there. The seats are comfy enough to lounge in during a day flight, and the free wifi is a nice plus. Very cool to see Aurora Borealis lighting projected on the ceiling of more and more of their aircraft.
Their Saga lounge in KEF is really very good (only a bit crowded sometimes). Some of the major European carriers should have a look at the Saga lounge to learn how it's done properly. Soon the lounge will move to a new and larger location. I hope they keep the interior vibes and concept alive.
However, and this is an important one, on night flights I really don't see any added value, because I sleep just as well in an economy seat, and sleep is usually all I'm interested in on night flights.

I must admit that I really like Iceland air. There is something about the service and ambience on board which make me feel welcome and comfortable. I think Saga class is value for money if you get one of their cheaper fares, and if you are willing to spend that for an air ticket of course. I'll certainly book Saga class again.

Last edited by Zembla; Jan 12, 2017 at 6:26 am
Old Feb 6, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
How much is an upgrade BOS-KEF and how si the availability in March?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.