Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

Easyjet: Who gets fast track (NOT speedy boarding)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2016, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.

I have begun to use Easyjet recently as they are consistently significantly cheaper than BA and the service has been good - you get what you pay for, and what you do pay for is delivered (as opposed to BA, where I pay for priority boarding through the ticket price and my loyalty, and it is NEVER delivered properly on European flights).

However, I'm a bit confused as to how Fast Track security (not speedy boarding) works. Sometimes a FT logo appears on my BP, sometimes it doesn't, and I can't work out why.

In the last month I have booked

LGW-ZRH - paid for upfront seat - included speedy boarding, but no fast track
FAO-LGW - paid for standard seat - no speedy boarding, but included fast track
LTN-SXF - paid for XL seat - includes speedy boarding, includes fast track

I can't really understand the logic. The EZ site is useless on this point, the only mention of Fast Track is how it applies to EZ Plus customers.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: FB Plat, BA Bronze, Hotels.com
its airport dependant
Old Jun 3, 2016, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
I don't know why has it worked when travelling from FAO but the logic behind is:

SB: always when purchasing XL or upfront seats (rows: A319: 1-5, 10 and 11; A320: 1-6, 12 and 13) + any seat if plus card holder or travelling on FLEXI ticket regardless of where boarding card printed/issued

Fast Track:
1) pax travelling on FLEXI ticket...
2) plus card holders (if booked seat and used pluscard)...

...regardless of seat choosen if checked in online or via app and in possession of self printed or electronic boarding card (if boarding card printed at the airport no entitlement to use Fast Track).

Hope that makes sense.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Yes it seems FAO might be an anomaly but my LTN departure in a couple of weeks has the FT logo on the BP and that was only an XL seat on a normal fare, not Flexi or Plus or anything like that.

Odd!
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:18 am

Sorry to be late to the discussion. I was searching for official word from easyJet exactly on this subject - there isn't any - and hence found this thread.

My experience at Manchester is that when I have paid for an XL seat, I get fast track through security too. Every time.

For for usually very little extra (£10.99 on one of their longest routes, MAN-AYT), you get:

1) Priority check-in
2) Fast track security
3) Speedy boarding
4) Guaranteed larger bag (56 x 45 x 25 no weight limit) stays with you in the cabin (in addition to the second bag 45 x 36 x 20).

Not a bad deal IMHO!

Of course as FT without Plus or Flex is not official policy, this benefit could be withdrawn without notice. In the meantime, it is a blessing.

Tim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.