Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

Easyjet - U2 1448 - Cancellation and communication

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

I've just had an experience with Easyjet (U2) which left me unimpressed.

My girlfriend was booked to fly on U2 1448 from LIS to GVA this evening. A couple of hours before the scheduled take-off time, I noticed the bad weather in GVA and decided to check the status of the flight. It had been cancelled, or rather, it had been postponed to tomorrow morning.

I called my girlfriend to let her know that there was no point in her leaving work early to go to the airport. Afterwards, I called U2 to cancel her booking and request the full refund. (I had paid for the flight.)

Now, what annoyed me the most was the complete lack of communication from U2 until... 15 minutes before the scheduled take-off time. This is when they sent an SMS apologizing for the cancellation and informing about the automatic rebooking.

Had I not checked for the flight status ahead of time, she would have left work and travelled all the way to the airport for a flight which had long been cancelled. The email or SMS informing about the cancellation could have been sent hours before and I do not understand the reason why they would rather wait until the last minute.

If there was any chance the flight could still take place, I would understand. This way, it just looks like laziness and poor customer service to me.

What's your take on this?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: FB Plat, BA Bronze, Hotels.com
I assume you or your girlfriend did not have the easyJet app on your mobile and signed in? If you were, they would have sent a push notification.

Don't know why they don't send mass emails or SMS in such circumstances. But all airlines, in my experience, advise to check status ahead of flights
Old Feb 14, 2016, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The doomed
I assume you or your girlfriend did not have the easyJet app on your mobile and signed in?
You assume correctly.

Originally Posted by The doomed
Don't know why they don't send mass emails or SMS in such circumstances.
Well, this was my question.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Some legacies aren't much better. Have you tried contacting U2 on fb to clarify as to how their notification procedure works?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palal
Some legacies aren't much better.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by Palal
Have you tried contacting U2 on fb to clarify as to how their notification procedure works?
I have not tried that yet, I'll update the thread after I have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.