Wiki Posts
Search

TAP Victoria Awards Summer 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2015, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance , LAN , TAM Fidelidade , PriorityPass
TAP Victoria Awards Summer 2016

I have been persistently calling and checking online daily for award availabilty on TAP....the first portion of my journey (gru to ams) on July 7th has had availabilty daily.
However , I have been calling now daily for over three months and no luck for my return ( london to GRU) on July 26th. Apparently TAP and the Star Alliance partners have this period blacked out.
My plan is to use miles for one business class seat for myself and one coach seat for my daughter and buy 2 revenue tickets for the other members in my group.

I have 271,000 miles.

I am getting frustrated and am not sure if I should be patient or bite the bullet and purchase 4 revenue tickets on Swiss. ( yes , Swiss is far nicer...have flown on both).

Advice is most welcome!
Old Nov 12, 2015, 3:46 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I agree, LX is much nicer than TP in long-haul Y.

Late July/early August is generally a very busy season. As you said, at the moment, the last 2 weeks of July seem to be blacked out completely for saver awards. It's too early for them to predict the demand. Chances are something will open up, but it's not guaranteed, and there are no guarantees that you'll be the one to snag the seat. If you're fixed on dates and all of you must travel together, go ahead and buy the revenue ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.