Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

Dear forum members I need your advice regarding an unfair Denied boarding by EasyJet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dear forum members I need your advice regarding an unfair Denied boarding by EasyJet

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2015, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by Muhammad Alsaqqa
,In my case I wasn't a potential buyer, I was an existing customer who already paid and bought the service, then I was denied from using it.
I won't deny that. I was only pointing out that your statement

"By law you cant deny customer a service without a reason."

was incorrect.

If I've read correctly, the Ts and Cs have been changed after your booking and you have fallen foul of the revision. If easyJet have informed you of the change, then it's down to you. If they haven't then I would agree they are at fault.

I almost always have some flights booked with easyJet and don't recall ever having received notification of changes to Ts and Cs, so unless there is another get out you would win any "fight". Is it really worth getting into a "fight" for? What do you expect as a result of this effort?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 5:23 pm

Same experience...contact me!

Thanks for raising your dilemma. I have the same travel document and I was denied boarding on a flight to Spain on easyjet last week, the Spanish authorities do not need a visa but easyjet stated that i needed one.

It so happens that I'm a journalist for an air transport publication, and I only heard of easyjet's rule change on the day of travel. There is no official communication anywhere! Easyjet are now investigating my case but I'm also writing an article on this issue for the magazine I work for. Can you get in touch with me because I would like to document the experiences of other passengers who have faced this problem.

Like you, I travel on a regular basis. The titre de voyage is a recognised international travel document under the Geneva Convention, and i doubt that easyjet are legally justified to 'choose' what kind of passengers to carry. In any case, they should be able to flag any problems with a passengers travel documents at the booking stage...not at the airport during check-in. Like you, i did all my necessary checks, and nowhere in the terms of conditions did it indicate that the Titre de Voyage rules have changed.

Don't be afraid to confront airlines, e.g just recently a court in the UK ruled that Ryanair was unlawful in its terms of conditions by allowing passengers to only have a 2 year window to claim for delayed flight compensation instead of 6 years. 2 passengers took Ryanair to court and they won! We should not be afraid to challenge airlines, especially when we have legal lawful travel documents suitable for travel under international agreements.

Please contact me <click on the user's name, then select "Send email to Kemwa777">. (Private Messaging can be selected from that menu as well.)

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 23, 2015 at 7:45 pm Reason: Deleted email for privacy
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:54 am

Had similiar experience with EasyJet

It looks like EasyJet is blatantly discriminating against refugees. I was denied boarding on a plane to Amsterdam from Gatwick. I was given the same ........ they give to Muhammad, oh rules have changed two days ago. Long story short, I managed to travel to The Netherlands three days after the incident, by a ferry from Harwich to Hook of Holland. I was warmly welcomed by the Dutch border control and happily stamped my passport. Now, either EasyJet has "invented" a new policy which discriminates against legally settled refugee under international laws or they have incompetent staff and managers who cannot interpret the rules and regulations. I was able to travel in May 2015 to Amsterdam From Gatwick with EasyJet! I think they overbooked the flights during the school holidays and the easiest people to turn away are the holders of Non-EU passport. They will find any and I mean any reason to remove people from overbooked flight. They have not bothered to investigate it yet, so I am taking them to court, media, social media, local newspapers anything to name and shame them. I nearly lost £1000 because of their discrimination or error. I want that back.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 6:02 am

Peter

Hi all. I'm another disgruntled Easyjet Customer. I was denied boarding after a 350 Kilometer trip to Athens Airport ,without any notification ,even though I had confirmed ticket. Easyjet sent me an email eventually saying they were at fault and they would pay me the difference in taking another flight. I said NO ! I demanded that they reimburse me as per Eu Compensation Rules.
Since then they have either ignored me or sent irrelevant emails to me .
I have now set them via registered post an E U compensation form and 1 month later ,Not a squeak out of them.
Am I whistling in the wind ,or do I hang in there and push?
Being retired, I can take the time to keep at this, but are the Eu regs going to do anything or not?
Ideas and suggestions ,please. Peter
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Would you please elaborate some more? It is difficult to give advice without knowing the case... :-)
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:38 am

Peter

Hello again,
I didn't want to clutter things up to start.
So, story goes thus: I bought ticket for Greek Neighbour to fly Athens to Hamburg online. Paid with Hsbc Visa and received confirmation No and all was done. My friend went to Athens and on arriving at desk , was told that ticket had been cancelled . Here is a bit of Their email .

"Thank you for contacting easyJet.

I have received feedback from our Treasury Department, where we have a team that is dedicated in screening payment details and ensure payment security on our website. Unfortunately, the screening for this booking resulted in the wrong cancellation of your booking. We are very sorry for this and apologise for the inconvenience this would have caused you. Rest assured, we have updated our records so that this problem does not occur in future."
So , here we sit 2 months later and they ignore my repeated emails to ask them for compensation and I have sent them registered letter a 3 weeks ago demanding comp , with nothing back. I have copies of all correspondence to back me up.
Hope this helps Peter
Old Mar 25, 2016, 11:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by autoperol
Hello again,
So, story goes thus: I bought ticket for Greek Neighbour to fly Athens to Hamburg online. Paid with Hsbc Visa and received confirmation No and all was done. My friend went to Athens and on arriving at desk , was told that ticket had been cancelled . Here is a bit of Their email .

"Thank you for contacting easyJet.

I have received feedback from our Treasury Department, where we have a team that is dedicated in screening payment details and ensure payment security on our website. Unfortunately, the screening for this booking resulted in the wrong cancellation of your booking. We are very sorry for this and apologise for the inconvenience this would have caused you. Rest assured, we have updated our records so that this problem does not occur in future."
So , here we sit 2 months later and they ignore my repeated emails to ask them for compensation and I have sent them registered letter a 3 weeks ago demanding comp , with nothing back. I have copies of all correspondence to back me up.
Hope this helps Peter
It sounds to be as though U2 has essentially admitted that it wrongfully denied boarding. The problem is that the EC 261/2004 compensation is payable to the passenger, not to you. In addition, as I presume that the passenger did not fly at all, the ticket ought to be refunded to the original form of payment.

Have the passenger submit a simple request with the relevant information.

The passenger ought to make the same request for a full refund of the ticket without penalty or fee to the original form of payment. That would be to your credit card.

How you and the passenger work things out between the two of you as to the EC 261/2004 compensation is a private matter.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 11:16 am

Peter

Hii again,
I don't have a problem with who gets the comp ,since he is the one who had to endure a whole day of travelling by bus plus the hassle . Also Easyjet did refund the money to my account after about a week. They offered to pay the diff Only ,since my friend had to book another flight- No mention of paying any comp ,which ,I think you'll agree, is mandatory.

Peter
Old Mar 25, 2016, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Hii again,
I don't have a problem with who gets the comp ,since he is the one who had to endure a whole day of travelling by bus plus the hassle . Also Easyjet did refund the money to my account after about a week. They offered to pay the diff Only ,since my friend had to book another flight- No mention of paying any comp ,which ,I think you'll agree, is mandatory.

Peter
But, you misunderstand the nature of EC 261/2004. Only your friend, as the passenger who was wrongfully denied boarding may make a request for that compensation. You were not the passenger and your request will be denied or ignored.

The fact that you personally do not mind if he receives the compensation is not relevant. In the broader context, it is important because your fact pattern repeats itself often in situations where an employer purchases a ticket, but it is the employee who is the passenger and who is due the compensation. It is then a private matter between employer and employee as to how the matter is handled.

Again, have your friend make the request for EC 261/2004 compensation. A short and simple request is all that is required as U2 has already admitted fault.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 11:46 am

Peter

Sorry,
On the form it seems to allow me to act for the passenger and that is how I've proceeded. There is a section for: Complaint submitted by, and then a section asking who the passenger was.
Peter
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: BA, IB, LH, U2
OP would presumably have avoided denial of boarding if he had checked in online.
The check-in process requires entering the details of the travel document.
The check-in process would have presumably failed, so the cost of refund and alternative arrangements would have been lower for everyone concerned.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Easyjet sent me an email eventually saying they were at fault and they would pay me the difference in taking another flight. I said NO ! I demanded that they reimburse me as per Eu Compensation Rules.
Assuming that the error was completely their fault and that EU261/2004 applied, then they would be required to pay for the new ticket or reimburse the original ticket, AND pay the compensation required under EU261/2004.

By refusing the first part - reimbursement/repayment - I would venture that you may very well have invalidated your claim to the second part - compensation.

I was denied boarding after a 350 Kilometer trip to Athens Airport ,without any notification ,even though I had confirmed ticket.
Hello again,
So, story goes thus: I bought ticket for Greek Neighbour to fly Athens to Hamburg online.
Your first post left out the vital information that you sent someone else to the airport without the person who paid for the ticket being in attendance. The first post says that YOU were the one denied boarding.

As such, the original message was more clutter than information.

You likely are not helping your case by being vague/inaccurate like this. No-one can help you unless you accurately recount the details.

What was the reason for the denied boarding? Was it do with payment issues (a passenger travelling on a ticket paid by someone else who was not at the airport)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.