Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The state of booking on Norwegian

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:28 am

No trouble beyond trying to imagine what the boarding pass was saying based on my memory of boarding pass formats in English!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:08 am

What exactly should be the problem with a Norwegian booking in NOK? I know someone who flew from JFK to CPH and back (via GTW) and booked in NOK because it was much cheaper than in USD or DKK on the Norwegian site. No problem at all if you don't mind the Norwegian language ;-)
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by hypertext
UPDATE: I have found a way to bypass the non-US-site credit card surcharge when paying in another currency. This means US travelers can pay in NOK and not be subjected to the 1.99% fee for not using the US site. I dare not post it here since I don't want Norwegian to "fix" it. If you're interested in knowing, please PM me.
Sent you a pm, thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 3:46 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for this very helpful thread. Was helping a friend book a flight on Norwegian and saved quite a bit being able to book in NOK and use the google translator tool instead of booking on the US website. I never would of thought of suggesting that without stumbling across this discussion.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:56 am
DNA

Programs: BAEC
We've just booked a family trip BOS-OSL-AMS with Norwegian, and saved some $$$ by paying in NOK. Two seats in LowFare, and one in LowFare+ (will travel with carryons, can take 1 checked piece if want/need to).

You can book the tickets in Norwegian, change the language to English, then log in, select a seat (complimentary with LowFare+) and resend the booking documents - the new reservation PDF will be in English.

Should we pay extra and select the seats in advance? Or they will be able to give us 3 adjacent seats on the BOS-OSL flight during check-in?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by DNA
We've just booked a family trip BOS-OSL-AMS with Norwegian, and saved some $$$ by paying in NOK. Two seats in LowFare, and one in LowFare+ (will travel with carryons, can take 1 checked piece if want/need to).

You can book the tickets in Norwegian, change the language to English, then log in, select a seat (complimentary with LowFare+) and resend the booking documents - the new reservation PDF will be in English.

Should we pay extra and select the seats in advance? Or they will be able to give us 3 adjacent seats on the BOS-OSL flight during check-in?
I've just booked a LAX-CPH-MAD trip and payed in NOK as well. The reservations page notifies me that I need to submit ESTA and APIS info. Were you asked for the same thing? I'm assuming I don't need ESTA since I'm a US citizen. Will this cause any problems at check-in?
Old Feb 21, 2016, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by DNA
If you go early to the airport and check in when they open the counters you wont have any problems getting 3 seats together.

Originally Posted by thinc
I've just booked a LAX-CPH-MAD trip and payed in NOK as well. The reservations page notifies me that I need to submit ESTA and APIS info. Were you asked for the same thing? I'm assuming I don't need ESTA since I'm a US citizen. Will this cause any problems at check-in?
Just came off LAX-CPH-ARN today, and only filled in APIS info before departure. No problems checking in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.