Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aurigny seat plans - seeking exit row!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:08 am
Original Poster

I am flying Aurigny LGW-GCI, GR603/GR608. The booking site's seat plans does not show which is the exit row and Aurigny cannot tell me over the phone. At 6'5" I don't want to be cramped so can anyone tell me where I can find a seat plan, or tell me which row to book?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Your flight will most likely be operated on an ATR72. This is a 'tiny' turboprop aircraft with no overwing exits, as the exits should be on the roof, then.

Consequentially, the only 'exit' row you may encounter is the front row. However, I am not 100% sure if Aurigny hasn't placed anything (like a lavatory,galley or other obstacle) just in front of that row. With most airlines operating an ATR72, the front row is the best row, though.

I hope this helps.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:56 am

As far as I know they operate Embraers on the LGW route these days - have done ever since Flybe abandond the route in 2014.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
http://info.flightmapper.net/flight/...ervices_GR_603
http://info.flightmapper.net/flight/...ervices_GR_608

Might be that they switch equipment for different flight numbers, as they seem to have at least 4 flights per day. According to the information above they use ATR72 on those specific flights... which would perfectly explain why no exit rows can be found (or, at least, over wing exits).

Last edited by UltraRant; Feb 2, 2015 at 2:47 pm
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:57 am

Yes, looks like they are currently using the ATR for off-peak flights... I thought they had switched to the Embraer completely (there was a lot of fanfare about this), but clearly not. Wonder what they're doing with the Embraer the rest of the day - just leaving it sitting on the ground?

ATRs are high-wing, so an over-wing exit would be a physical impossibility, hence no emergency exit seats.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

I flew yesterday. ATR72. 2x2 formation and cramped. The front row was the one for me, row 2. C&D have a wall in front but enough legroom. A&B have more legroom but there were two facing (but unoccupied) seats situated with their backs against the front wall of the cabin. I flew C out and A back; I preferred A - it felt more private.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.