Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

SATA Airlines- Anyone got any info/tips?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SATA Airlines- Anyone got any info/tips?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, AA AC, HHonors Diamond
The family and 3 others (7 total) flew SATA/Azores Air from Boston to Terciera, Azores last summer on an aging A310 (SATA). Took intra-island flights on Azores Airlines on Dash-8's from Terciera to Faial, and Faial to Sao Miguel/Ponta Delgada. Flew on a new Azores Air A330 from Ponta Delgada back to Boston 2 weeks later. Easy, no issues, and everything ran on time. The gate agents and cabin crews were fine. No issues.

As for the Azores... WOW. Beautiful place with friendly people. I'll definitely go back. Ponta Delgada was my least favorite place between the 4 islands visited (we took the ferry to Pico from Horta on Faial for a day trip) but the island of Sao Miguel was wonderful once outside of the city. Angra do Heroismo on Terciera was by far our favorite town.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Am booked with friends to fly YYZ to Azores on SATA on Friday March 3rd. Friend just realized that her name on ticket is not correct -- it should be Sheri and her ticket says Shari. She has called her TA to get it changed but so far no luck. Any suggestions?? Is it possible for her to fly without getting the name changed -- after all it is only one letter different. She is in full panic mode! Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ciana
Am booked with friends to fly YYZ to Azores on SATA on Friday March 3rd. Friend just realized that her name on ticket is not correct -- it should be Sheri and her ticket says Shari. She has called her TA to get it changed but so far no luck. Any suggestions?? Is it possible for her to fly without getting the name changed -- after all it is only one letter different. She is in full panic mode! Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Since it's SATA they probably will not notice, just calm down.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:01 pm
zam

Sata 330 Business

Anyone flown Sata YYZ - PDL on the A330 Executive? What is the hard product like? I couldn't find it on seatguru - is it listed in a strange way?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan 100K BA executive club, IC/platinum/RA
Originally Posted by zam
Anyone flown Sata YYZ - PDL on the A330 Executive? What is the hard product like? I couldn't find it on seatguru - is it listed in a strange way?
Travelled with them in Feb. and March. Seats are 2X2X2 angled lie-flat in business class ample room. Flight is very short service is fine.
I would not suggest row 1 as the light in the galley was on all night and curtain opened numerous times.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Angle-flat seats
someone's review
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: *G
Although I flew PDL-LIS, fine or okay is not words I would use to describe the service on S4 in business. On my trip the service was horrible to an extend where the FAs seemed hostile. Especially so on the ground in LIS where we due to a strike spent more than an hour in the plane before getting a gate and then a jetbridge. Oh but the friends of the cabin crew seemed to have a good time!
Even for angle flats I found the seats to be not great, and very old. The price would have to be extraordinary (again) for me to put my feet back on an S4 plane.
Old May 5, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
Just did YYZ-PDL, not a bad flight overall. Obviously the seats are not amazing, but the service was actually not too bad, despite a medical-emergency mid-flight.

Didn't taste the food, I'd advise just getting on and sleeping - the flight time is too short.

Biggest complete was the crappy blanket - it wasn't even long enough to cover my body!
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 100K BA executive club, IC/platinum/RA
Originally Posted by zam
It's 2X2X2 angled lie-flat(if they work) food is okay, crew young, casual, and keen. No AV at all.
Remember, the price is usually quite a lot cheaper than the mainstream carriers. Not great but descent value for $.

Last edited by useless; Jun 16, 2017 at 6:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.