New to easyjet

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2012, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

New to easyjet

Hello everyone,

I have a few enquiries concerning about checkin-in at Easyjet:

My flight is ORY/VCE (U2 4291)

I will be traveling in a group of three, and I have not bought a seat previously. I know about the system of allocated seating. I wonder, if I check-in online 30 days ago, will I be better off than check-in at the airport counters? I just hope to sit together, I don't mind sitting at the back or at the front.

Also, I have checked bags. From http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budge...ck-please.html, I found out that some suggested that if I have hold baggage I could not check-in online? However it was contradictory to what I found in Easyjet website. So actually which is correct? (I have already bought 3 hold baggage when I bought my ticket)

Thirdly, is there any real boarding pass for easyjet if I check in at airport? I like the texture of those REAL boarding pass, and is that true if I check-in online, my boarding pass will only be a normal paper get from my printer?

Many thanks!!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by B-HXG
Hello everyone,

I have a few enquiries concerning about checkin-in at Easyjet:

My flight is ORY/VCE (U2 4291)

I will be traveling in a group of three, and I have not bought a seat previously. I know about the system of allocated seating. I wonder, if I check-in online 30 days ago, will I be better off than check-in at the airport counters? I just hope to sit together, I don't mind sitting at the back or at the front.
Can't help you here unfortunately. I've flown on U2 several times, but I never paid attention to the boarding process. I've always had space for my carryon, but I wasn't traveling in a group of 3. At bus gates, it's probably even more of a wash

Naturally, the web site recommends buying assigned seats in this case

Also, I have checked bags. From http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budge...ck-please.html, I found out that some suggested that if I have hold baggage I could not check-in online? However it was contradictory to what I found in Easyjet website. So actually which is correct? (I have already bought 3 hold baggage when I bought my ticket)
I'm pretty sure I've done OLCI with a checked bag, but since you have to drop it off anyway, I'm not sure it saves you much time. Maybe they have a boarding number like Southwest? Dunno, I generally aim to be one of the last on the plane where possible

Thirdly, is there any real boarding pass for easyjet if I check in at airport? I like the texture of those REAL boarding pass, and is that true if I check-in online, my boarding pass will only be a normal paper get from my printer?
Depends on the station. I think in AMS I got card stock... not sure, was a while ago!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 3:01 am
sfx

if you don't pay for a certain seat, you are automatically given one. They are normally central seats. You won't get to sit together. Hold luggage costs extra, if you didn't pay already, you can add to the booking, you should do this before flying it costs loads extra at the airport. Just print your own BC unless you like long long queues at the airport.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qvzn
Naturally, the web site recommends buying assigned seats in this case

I'm pretty sure I've done OLCI with a checked bag, but since you have to drop it off anyway, I'm not sure it saves you much time. Maybe they have a boarding number like Southwest? Dunno, I generally aim to be one of the last on the plane where possible

Depends on the station. I think in AMS I got card stock... not sure, was a while ago!
Many thanks! Then probably I will try to spend a little more for buying the seats earlier then.

I am not in a hurry, so probably I will still wait to check-in at airport to grab a chance to get the card stock :P

Originally Posted by sfx
if you don't pay for a certain seat, you are automatically given one. They are normally central seats. You won't get to sit together. Hold luggage costs extra, if you didn't pay already, you can add to the booking, you should do this before flying it costs loads extra at the airport. Just print your own BC unless you like long long queues at the airport.
Okay sure cause I thought Easyjet meant to allocate group passengers sitting together whenever it's possible. Anyway, I think I will still try to do check-in at airport even though having long queues because I want to grab a real card stock :P
Or actually is there one in ORY? If it's a normal paper one then I will forget about it.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 9:13 am
sfx

if you haven't chosen, seats are assigned the first time you download BC. seat numbers now appears on BC. Once you download BC they cannot be changed.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 3:20 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Sfx~ Not quite true....... you may be able to get your seats changed at the airport..... I have been able to.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

I have another question recently.

Can I add HOLD BAGGAGE online after I have paid and bought the flight ticket? It is because I'm sure that I need hold baggage if I fly, but now I'm not 100% sure whether I will really be on the plane that day.
Will the price of the HOLD BAGGAGE the same in "manage my booking" as the price I pay when I buy the ticket?

Thanks!!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:26 am
sfx

Originally Posted by Skipcool3
Sfx~ Not quite true....... you may be able to get your seats changed at the airport..... I have been able to.
sure, if there are free seats left!
often not the case, most are full flights.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:27 am
sfx

Hi everyone,

I have another question recently.

Can I add HOLD BAGGAGE online after I have paid and bought the flight ticket? It is because I'm sure that I need hold baggage if I fly, but now I'm not 100% sure whether I will really be on the plane that day.
Will the price of the HOLD BAGGAGE the same in "manage my booking" as the price I pay when I buy the ticket?

Thanks!!
check it online and see!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sfx
check it online and see!
I haven't booked the ticket..
Old Jan 21, 2013, 4:38 am

As I remember, Easyjet, do not give you a borading pass--you get a reusable plastic card that you have to give back to them.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 5:16 am
sfx

Originally Posted by bridgeair
As I remember, Easyjet, do not give you a borading pass--you get a reusable plastic card that you have to give back to them.
not helpful to give 15 year out of date advice.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 5:22 am
sfx

I haven't booked the ticket..
just checked for you with a booking i have. it's the same price to add online before the flight.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 3:08 pm

Yes, you can. I've done this before for exactly the same reason--using the U2 ticket as cheap insurance in case I needed to fly. The night before the ~6am flight I was able to buy hold baggage for the normal online price. This was last year, or maybe late 2011. I wouldn't bet on doing it truly last minute (e.g., on your phone while standing in the bag drop line )--but if you'll know the day/week before that you will use the ticket, you'll have no problems
Old Jan 23, 2013, 1:02 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, easyJet Plus (!)
Originally Posted by sfx
sure, if there are free seats left!
often not the case, most are full flights.
It appears to me that they fill the non-selected seats from the back. So they will let you move back, but not forward.

They have also changed the rule of 2 in each exit row to 1.

Neil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.