Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Arkefly airlines -- questions, comments, experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2012, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)

This airline is starting non-stop 767 service AMS-OAK and AMS-LAX beginning in June 2012.
Its a subsidiary of TUI which is quite large I know, but I don't know anything about them otherwise.
Would US$750 RT ai be a good fare to AMS from Oakland in June? Or are their flights not worth the savings?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:29 pm
Suspended

Basically it's a charter with the usually minuscule legroom of 30 inch. You will have to pay for IFE.

http://www.arkefly.nl/travelclasses.aspx

If you buy up to Comfort, you get 33 inch of legroom , but still have to pay for IFE. Premium is 37 inch of legroom and free IFE.

If you're a tiny person, it's a decent deal. Not so much if you're tall like me (6'2").
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Yes, the price is good and no, the flight won't be.

Then again what 12-hour Y class flight is ? The knowledge you're saving $$$ might compensate somewhat for the ordeal.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
They are fine. So far, I have done four flights with them (return Amsterdam - Malaga and return Amsterdam - Dubai) All flights were on-time, service was quite good. I am 189cm tall (that's more than 6 foot 2 inches for you Americans) and I didn't have a problem in their economy class on a 7 hour flight to Dubai. What I like about them are their comfort and premium comfort classes which are very affordable and offer those few centimeters / inches of extra legroom that make travel more comfortable.
Economy class is 76cm pitch, comfort 84cm and premium comfort 94cm. You will also get (a) free meal(s) and free drinks in (premium) comfort class.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)
The worst

Undoubtedly the worst airline (nah, too fancy a word), the worst flying thing in the air. They fly to Kathmandu once a week, and friends from Amsterdam dared flying this airline wannabe. Never again they said. Rude ground service, rude flight attendants. No leg space, even in the expensive first row, called Premium Comfort Class.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 1:18 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since this thread is primarily about the airline, per http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...elsewhere.html I'll move this to the appropriate airline forum while leaving a 30-day re-direct in Travel News for those who might wish to come the thread from that forum.

cblaisd
Moderator, Travel News
Old Sep 1, 2013, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K

They're flying AMS-OAK-LAS as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.