Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there an advantage to joining Quicksilver?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2006, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
Is there an advantage to joining Quicksilver?

We rent a car about once or twice a year and we are planning to go to Vegas in December. I found a great price on a rental thru Alamo (which is who we usually use). Is there a real advantage to joining the quicksilver membership and will I still be able to use the entertainment coupon and id number to make my reservation and go thru the quicksilver counter? Seems like I remember there being some restrictions about coupons and the quicksilver checkout. Thanks for any information.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 3:09 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
One great benefit is that QuickSilver members get a free additional driver, which can be a great savings. Otherwise, this can cost up to $8/day.

If you are a Quicksilver member, check-in is also quicker because you supply your driver's license, cc info beforehand. SaveTime does the same thing, but you don't get unlimited mileage and the additional driver.

Also, if it's you vs. a customer who's NOT a Quicksilver, you're probably more likely to get upgrades, etc.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
Originally Posted by Recreation
One great benefit is that QuickSilver members get a free additional driver, which can be a great savings. Otherwise, this can cost up to $8/day.

If you are a Quicksilver member, check-in is also quicker because you supply your driver's license, cc info beforehand. SaveTime does the same thing, but you don't get unlimited mileage and the additional driver.

Also, if it's you vs. a customer who's NOT a Quicksilver, you're probably more likely to get upgrades, etc.
Thanks for the info, great stuff to know. I notice the quicksilver line every time we go thru the Alamo in Vegas and I always think that I need to go ahead and check into it. As long as they don't require a minimum number of rentals per year, will take discount coupons, etc., I don't really see any reason not to join. Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2006, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I join all car programs as almost all of them shoot a few hundred FF miles to the program of your choice...
Old Aug 22, 2006, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Recreation

I signed up for the quicksilver and when I made our reservation it gave me the option to go to "save time" to complete the information. My reservation said unlimited mileage. Do I understand you correctly that I may not get the unlimited mileage by completing the "save time" option?
Old Aug 23, 2006, 2:29 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Carter29072
I signed up for the quicksilver and when I made our reservation it gave me the option to go to "save time" to complete the information. My reservation said unlimited mileage. Do I understand you correctly that I may not get the unlimited mileage by completing the "save time" option?
No. If you are QuickSilver you are entitled to unlimited mileage and an additional driver. Did you put your QS number on the reservation form?
Old Aug 23, 2006, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I typed in my quicksilver number. Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2006, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

I joined Alamo's quicksilver program and got the info in the mail today. Attached was a coupon for one free day (3 day minimum rental. The code is AF7. Says coupon must be presented at pick up and coupons not combinable. This actually gave me a great rate for 3 days in Vegas in December, I cancelled my other reservation with National. If I combine this with the Entertainment Contract ID I get an even better rate but don't know that I should risk it since it says "not valid with any other discount or promotional rate."
Old Sep 11, 2008, 2:05 pm

Quicksilver

How do you join Quicksilver? I just see a link memberships. I have a reservation with them for next week.

Thanks
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:44 pm
Suspended

A QuickSilver's Spouse is free...that's it...or someone residing in the same household...not just anyone.
Nearly all vehicle classes with Alamo allow unlimited mileage. Quicksilver has nothing to do with it.
Anyone can use the SaveTime Check-in option. It allows counter by-pass. Membership is not necessary.
QuickSilver has it's own discount/rate system. If you are a member you frequently are sent QuickSilver coupons depending on how much you rent. Entertainment is a discount system like AAA or Sam's Club or Costco or AARP etc. There are discounts and coupons. They work in concert with each other. If you use a coupon you need to be using the discount code that is associated with it. That code takes out the QuickSilver code.
The Discount is the Rate Id in the booking system. The coupon is ...you guessed it...the Coupon Id.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.