Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has Anyone Ever Used This Car Rental Booking Site?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2008, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Question Has Anyone Ever Used This Car Rental Booking Site?

Carrentalsavers.com? Looking for a rental for an upcoming trip to Orlando in May and someone suggested this website. Since the posters on Flyertalk know everything I thought I'd ask if anyone has ever used their service?

Bonny
Old Mar 22, 2008, 8:31 am

That's a great site - I'll bookmark it. It appears that they simply re-direct you to the rental car companies' web sites for booking, so booking through them should be safe enough.

For Orlando, I also recommend MouseSavers.com - similar site, but they cater to Disney destinations and feature many promotional rates that are valid only in the Orlando area.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 1:14 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for a new site to check! I usually start at booking buddy and choose kayak and www.carrentals.com. This gives me an idea of what the going rates are. However, I often end up at the rental car sites, using promo/coupons.

Explore

PS I would also check the link provided by SixAlpha. I understand the Orlando market is very competitive and MouseSavers.com may give you an edge in finding the best price.

PPS Here is a link to the Magicard. It may save you some money on your trip to Orlando. http://www.orlandoinfo.com/magicard/download.cfm

Last edited by Explore SE Asia; Mar 22, 2008 at 1:28 pm Reason: added PS
Old Mar 23, 2008, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the good info!
Old Mar 24, 2008, 1:53 pm

FYI - I noticed that Carrentalsavers.com does list my favorite Thrifty publicly available "Corporate Discount #" for Florida. I will have to explore discounts at the firms. Thanks again!!!

Explore
Old Mar 24, 2008, 4:12 pm

Two thumbs up!!!

The booking service is great, I have used it a couple of times with no problems. They also have a good selection of coupons and discounts that actually work.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by lblambert
Carrentalsavers.com? Looking for a rental for an upcoming trip to Orlando in May and someone suggested this website. Since the posters on Flyertalk know everything I thought I'd ask if anyone has ever used their service?

Bonny

If you're renting out of Orlando, you're gonna be hard pressed to find a better rate than with thrifty using orlando magic card corp code from the mousesavers web site. I travel to Fl all the time and have different best codes for Jax, tampa and orlando.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by reddawngrl
If you're renting out of Orlando, you're gonna be hard pressed to find a better rate than with thrifty using orlando magic card corp code from the mousesavers web site. I travel to Fl all the time and have different best codes for Jax, tampa and orlando.
Hi reddawngrl,

So the magic card code is not the best code for Jax or Tampa. Hmm, that is very interesting. I will have to look for some other codes to try in FLL.

Explore
Old Mar 26, 2008, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Explore SE Asia
Hi reddawngrl,

So the magic card code is not the best code for Jax or Tampa. Hmm, that is very interesting. I will have to look for some other codes to try in FLL.

Explore
I have used it in Tampa as well, and FLL. However, my last visit in Orlando, budget BCD U093300 beat the thrifty magic card code. And When in Jax, the cheapest I use National.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.