Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cambodia Angkor Air PNH-REP... Can't Book Online?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2011, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Cambodia Angkor Air PNH-REP... Can't Book Online?

Hi, I've been trying to book the short hop between Phnom Penh and Siem Riep. I went onto the Cambodia Angkor Air website <cambodiaangkorair.com>, and they directed me to the Vietnam Airlines website. I understand VN owns a 49% share of K6, so booking is done on the VN website.

However, there doesn't even seem to be an option of pricing out the route from PNH to REP. If I select PNH in the "From" pull-down menu, REP completely disappears in the "To" menu. The only city in Indochina category remaining is VTE. Does anyone know what's going on?

I don't know how else to book the PNH-REP route.
Thanks
Old Jul 31, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Air Asia

Have you tried the Air Asia site? Also possibly Jetstar and Bangkok Airways.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

I just checked Air Asia, Jetstar, and Bangkok Airways, and none of them apparently fly the PNH-REP route.

It's a similar situation on their website as with Vietnam Airlines, if I pull up PNH, the REP destination completely disappears.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: various
You can:
1) Call Angkor Air at their PP office's business hours, using Skype to cut the cost if you can. (take heed of time difference)

2) Try Vietnam Airlines USA number Link Here (I'm assuming per your profile you are in the USA)

3) Try a US-based online agent that does a lot of VN/Indochina flights, like www.vietnamflight.net. I expect this will be very expensive, with a big markup.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

I'll try calling Vietnam Airlines SF office tomorrow morning. Thx for the info!
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:32 pm

Programs: 2 many 4 2 long.
You will never speak with any person at VN in San Francisco. You will only leave a voicemail and then have no person ever call you back. Many times, the voice mail box is full.

VN has only one employee in the United States and she will only talk to travel agents.

The only way to have any questions answered about VN in the USA is to Email the Golden Lotus program office in Saigon, and it usually takes them 2 days to respond.

The address, if I am remembering correctly is either [email protected] or [email protected].

I have only bought one way tickets at the two airports.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
There is no possible way to book K6 flights online.... even though the advertise in the local papers with their website emblazoned across it.

Anyway, I have a good TA here in PNH if you need contact info let me know.

Skype is normally a good idea but at $0.28/min to Cambodia it adds up quickly.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by opushomes
Have you tried the Air Asia site? Also possibly Jetstar and Bangkok Airways.
Why would anyone try those sites?

The only airline you mention that flies between REP and PNH is Jetstar and they will only book you on a trip to SIN.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 1:55 am

I booked this ticket on the Vietnamese locale webpage for Vietnam Airlines. Went through no problem.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SirJman
I booked this ticket on the Vietnamese locale webpage for Vietnam Airlines. Went through no problem.
Really? When I bring up the local Vietnam VN webpage and plug in REP, PNH does not come up as an option. Similarly, when I plug in PNH, REP does not come up as an option. So I'm not sure how you're seeing, must less purchasing this.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: various
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Really? When I bring up the local Vietnam VN webpage and plug in REP, PNH does not come up as an option. Similarly, when I plug in PNH, REP does not come up as an option. So I'm not sure how you're seeing, must less purchasing this.
My attempt is the same. Possibly the VN local webpage used to have this functionality (when Jman did it), but now does not--either through purposeful or inadvertent deletion of the intra-Cambodia option?

Was surprised to hear that Skype to Cambodia is that astoundingly expensive!
Old Aug 6, 2011, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jiejie
My attempt is the same. Possibly the VN local webpage used to have this functionality (when Jman did it), but now does not--either through purposeful or inadvertent deletion of the intra-Cambodia option?

Was surprised to hear that Skype to Cambodia is that astoundingly expensive!
Yes, it would be interesting to know when SirJman was able to do this.

Here are Skype's prices, and it's even more expensive than I thought:

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/prices/pay-monthly#KH
Old Aug 6, 2011, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

I was finally able to call the SF office for Vietnam Airlines. I asked her about the PNH-REP flights, and at first she said I need to book them with Cambodia Angkor Air. I responded that when you go on their website, it directs you to the Vietnam Airlines website to book tickets.

She then said that Vietnam Airlines no longer flies that route and she doesn't know when it is coming back. This sounds like complete BS to me. How in the world can Cambodia Angkor Air not fly that route when it's pretty much the ONLY route they serve??

I'm really confused.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Back in the nasty "old days",
driving to REP was too dangerous, but no more.

I would recommend just hiring a car/driver for the trip...
you leave when you want, no airport hassles,
i.e. hotel door to door,
and the scenery is not bad !

...and IIRC it was cheaper than the flight.
and that was with one pax.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:38 pm

Just be flexible. When you get to PP or PNH, see if you can book it. If not, the private car ($60 & 4 hrs), Mekong Express Bus ($10 & 5), & the boat ($35 & 6) all have their advantages. They've doubled the price of the boat and fixed the roads, so the boat gets last place IMO. wj

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.