Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying Air China Ticket for someone abroad?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2017, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifer, Hertz Prez
Buying Air China Ticket for someone abroad?

I want to purchase an AC ULN-SHA ticket for my friend in Mongolia. Looks like I can do the purchase on the US AC website but I did notice in the fine print that they may require the passenger to present the CC used for the purchase. Payment can be done via CC or Paypal on the AC site so considering just using Paypal to make the payment.

Any thoughts if my friend may run into trouble at the airport if I buy their ticket?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Safety is best,

I would either:

. Have the CC verified in person by CA (this might be a pain).
. Send the traveler a copy (front and back) of the CC. Perhaps also a statement.
. Use Pay Pall.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:24 am

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
Also may consider using ctrip or some other Chinese OTA where it wouldn't need to verify the cc anymore. Using these websites also might net you some cheaper fares due to POS restrictions.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifer, Hertz Prez
I looked at some other purchase options but buying on the AC site was the least expensive and I figured would be the better than buying through a third party so I ended up paying with Paypal. I will send my friend a copy of photo of my CC & PP info so she can show at the airport if there are any issues. Thanks for the info!
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:41 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Buying with AMEX on airchina.de I was never asked to show my CC at check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.