Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline crew nabbed for drugs?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 9:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Are you seriously talking about not only ruining someone's life but putting a human being in a cage for fifty years or more over this? For possessing (a tiny amount of) a chemical that makes a person feel good? (A chemical that is, incidentally, also used as a legitimate clinical anesthetic in medicine.)

Where is the sense of justice? Of human decency?
Malaysia has stringent laws in place which are very very well known to everyone visiting.

You either respect these laws and accept the risks of being caught with such drugs which include canning, life imprisonment or death by hanging.

A life sentence is certainly better than death by hanging in this day and age.

Last edited by wolf72; May 24, 2017 at 11:32 pm
Old May 24, 2017, 9:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Life in prison for drug residue?

Respect should go both ways, don't you think?
Respect should go both ways?

I think you respect the laws of a country when you visit it first and formost. If you can't do that, don't come.

Last edited by wolf72; May 24, 2017 at 11:31 pm
Old May 25, 2017, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by wolf72
Respect should go both ways?

I think you respect the laws of a country when you visit it first and formost. If you can't do that, don't come.
So if I visit a country where rape is largely accepted I should respect that? Or how about honor killings? Acid attacks?

If I'm looking for a wife should I rape a woman in Malaysia? One of your vaunted MP's recently said that's the proper way to make restitution.

So tell me, shall I respect all of these laws?
Old May 27, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
One twentieth of a gram? That's residue. There's more cocaine on every $100 bill in circulation.
I think 0.05g is more than residue for Ketamine. The stuff on the bills are 'micro' not 'milli'

Originally Posted by dsquared37
So if I visit a country where rape is largely accepted I should respect that? Or how about honor killings? Acid attacks?

If I'm looking for a wife should I rape a woman in Malaysia? One of your vaunted MP's recently said that's the proper way to make restitution.

So tell me, shall I respect all of these laws?
When in Rome do as the Romans do doesn't mean 1. You are a Roman 2. All Romans do the same thing.

Rape, honor killing, acid attacks may be legal in some context doesn't mean it is encouraged or commonly practiced. I'm pretty sure you took the Malaysian MP's quote out of context.

But if you still insist, let me know of your wife search progress. I'd love to hear about it.
Old May 27, 2017, 3:27 am

Residue? Quite likely. What was there BEFORE it was just "residue" is however a question that springs to mind......

Or do you feel using up all the illegal drugs before being arrested is grounds for release?

That's a nice loophole!
Old May 27, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by trooper
Residue? Quite likely. What was there BEFORE it was just "residue" is however a question that springs to mind......

Or do you feel using up all the illegal drugs before being arrested is grounds for release?

That's a nice loophole!
They just have to hope that their next destination is not SIN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.