Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Dozens injured as turbulence hits Malaysia Airlines flight from London

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold

Originally Posted by The Guardian

Dozens of people have been injured when a Malaysia Airlines flight from London to Kuala Lumpur was hit by severe turbulence, as photos emerged showing a cabin strewn with debris and upended meal carts.

Malaysia’s national carrier, which is still trying to shake the stigma of the double disasters of MH370 and MH17 two years ago, said “some passengers” were hurt aboard MH1 during a rough ride over the Bay of Bengal on Sunday.

“Due to a brief moment of severe turbulence some passengers suffered minor injuries,” it said in a statement.

“A small number of affected passengers and crew have been treated by medical officers.”
Attached Images  
Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:41 am

Ouch... 34 'minor' injuries.
It could have easily been worse though...
Old Jun 9, 2016, 12:04 pm

Was this on a 380?
I've always assumed 380s had pretty rigid turbulence resistance...I guess this was a really strong turbulence.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by agjil
Was this on a 380?
I've always assumed 380s had pretty rigid turbulence resistance...I guess this was a really strong turbulence.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.